PDA

View Full Version : Terrific pan lubing video

homefront
02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
If this has been posted before, I apologise [smilie=1:.
I really like this approach, and his formula (I'm tempted to throw in 10% JPW). All neat and tidy!
He doesn't mention sizing though, so I'm going to try something Curly James does; wet the newly cast but cool bullets in a container with water and a bit of Murphy's Oil Soap, and then size them in my Lee sizer. Then pan lube as shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBDFO0ftCQc&feature=related

jdgabbard
02-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I have seen that video before. It is actually the one that got me started on Pan Lubing. I am getting ready to test a formula similar to his. Just the Beeswax, paraffin, and vaseline. Which is nothing more then "Old NRA Lube". Oh yeah, a red candle for color. Now if I only had some real lube grooves to try 'em on. Its hard lubing TL designs with this lube. You pretty much have to dip the boolits in the molten lube, wipe off the bottoms and stick on wax paper, then turn around and size after they dry. The size die removes the excess lube, which you have to peel off your press about once every 3-4 rounds.

I so need to invest in a lubrisizer.... Or just stick with the LLA.

jdgabbard
02-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Btw, please note I have been told on several occasions that lubes such as these tend to be kinda messy when fired... Just a warning, though it can't be worse then some of the stuff I've shot with commercial boolits.