PDA

View Full Version : Need a jog to my memory ...yaw

JBMauser
01-22-2006, 11:39 PM
I just fired some loads for my Krag with formed .303 brass. 31 gr. of 3031. I found a rough edge on all holes and a slight elongation. YAW. I looked at it and said YAW... then I said to myself, to hot... or not,.... I think I used to know why.... geting old is the pits... the bullet is a saeco 178gr. with GC. this is a bore rider design and the bullet does slip into the bore at the muzzle and offer just a tad of resistance and stop at the bands. so it seems to be a fit, sized at .3105. And I have not taken a chamer cast of the 30/40 yet.. but if any of you can job my gray matter, please assist. thanks in advance. JB

Buckshot
01-23-2006, 02:14 AM
................What range were you shooting at? With a casual sounding fit as you described the boolit may still be 'hunting' it's equalibrium after it's release from the barrel. The slug isn't being as well guided in the barrel as it could be would be my guess.

................Buckshot

Bass Ackward
01-23-2006, 07:03 AM
JB,

What you describe could have many "possible" explanations of which load would be farther down on my list. Do you have another bullet design to try?

JBMauser
01-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Ah, the first comment may be spot on. (See the light bulb over head snap on) It was raining and I just wanted to check this rifle with a new scope mount. Only shot at 50 yards. This is a definite possibility. To the second response, yes I have the 311284 and the one I am planning to try is a heavy 308290 which should be close to the original bullet for the Krag. JB