PDA

View Full Version : Do you think

Nate1778
02-12-2009, 08:14 PM
these (http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/hazard/wastemin/nlfwwi.htm) guys would reconsider their fight if they only new that such things could be recycled into bullets............[smilie=1:

Sorry, just did a search for wheel weights and these guys popped up, won't be long,,,,,,

looseprojectile
02-12-2009, 09:48 PM
and tell them I am making fishing sinkers when I ask for them. Therefore I am included in that percentage.
Doesn't seem to be a very proffesional survey as they seem to be talking through thier hat,[lying]. I will call BS on most of their claims. Nice to have them letting us know that there is a good supplyof WWs for us to search for. They may have the math somewhat close. Millions of pounds. Woo hoo. Yesterday and today I made sixtyseven pounds of pure lead and a hundred and twentyfive pounds of wheel weights into ingots. Also I can't say I ever saw a wheel weight with corrosion on it. Maybe a smallish amount of oxides. [same thing?]

Life is good

runfiverun
02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
try to e-mail the authors of that information,see where that leads you.
they don't care.....and they know what we do with them.

Firebricker
02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Probably have about as much luck changing there minds as getting one of those peta idiots to eat a deer liver sandwich. There's nothing worse than an idiot with a "cause"

home in oz
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
It seems they are so vocal, too.

qajaq59
02-13-2009, 06:58 AM
there's nothing worse than an idiot with a "cause"
amen!!!!!

leftiye
02-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Yup, and it seems every blonde (airhead) soccer mom and her slave (husband) out there nowadays just has to be worrying about what amounts to not being her business at all - ie. what someone else is doing. It's fad, and it powers the progressive movement.

Charlie Sometimes
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
They got one thing right- exposure to lead can cause serious health problems, especially at high velocity!

It's actually the deceleration trauma that is the real problem.

imashooter2
02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If 1.6 million pounds of WW fell off cars every year, we wouldn't be scrounging WW, we'd walk down to the highway and shovel up as much as we wanted from the 4 foot pile lining the road.

Charlie Sometimes
02-14-2009, 10:04 AM
They're just trying to justify their existance- AND tell you what you should be thinking because, obviously since you own firearms, you're not civilized enough to think for yourself, and know when someting is REALLY bad for you. :-D
I agree about shoveling them up, I pick up very few out of parking lots, and along the roads when I am out. They aren't there. (The animals MUST be eating them.) :kidding:
The ones they can't account for are the ones were melting for "sinker boolits"!

You know, if they would actually stop this periodic & random resistribution of lead across the surface of the globe that we cause, it might effect the earth's spin or gravitation, and we could all fly off! Maybe you should tell them that and they will stop! :kidding: :bigsmyl2:

Dan Cash
02-14-2009, 11:03 AM
What these frauds never speak of is free lead in the earth as in lead mines. It does not seem to destroy the environment where it is at. I agree that excessive injestion of lead is not healthy howvere, lead has been used in curious ways throughout history with no evident ill effects. Lead pipes carried water to millions through out the Roman era and later in our middle ages and even still today. The greatest artists and thinkers of history drank fluids delivered through lead pipes and from pewter cups. They ate from pewter plates and the paints used by artists contained lead, chromium and God only knows what other toxic materials. Lead problems are just another leftist scare tactic to create dissention like global warming, pesticide use timber harvesting etc. Lead is a natural product and is ours to use.
Dan