PDA

View Full Version : Every Target Shooter Should Read This

Suo Gan
02-12-2009, 12:17 AM
The guy in the article started a real hum dinger of a fire with a steel jacketed bullet. Now it looks like he will be spending several months in jail, and pay some crazy fines. The bad part is that he tried to stop the fire, and seek help once it was out of control...
http://www.modbee.com/local/story/427203.html

clintsfolly
02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
One more good point for lead Clint :castmine: Suo Gan like the sig line eagle scout (74):-D

mike in co
02-12-2009, 11:02 AM
LETS GET IT RIGHT...

FIRST HE IS IN CALIFONIA....so who cares( i'm born and raised in ca....)
second its not about TARGET shooting if one is shooting (steel) that quality of ammo..

he was out blasting with friends and it started a fire.......

its not about target shooting and it did not occur in the free protion of the united states....

mike in co

AZ-Stew
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I'll bet they come down harder on him for the "unregistered assault rifles" than they do for the fire. The fire was more or less an accident, but how DARE he own one of those HORRIBLE wepons of mass destruction??? :roll:

Regards,

Stew

Randall
02-12-2009, 02:50 PM
A few years ago we were having trouble with fires near the ranges on public lands. I saw someone while I was shooting jump out of an SUV lean over and jump right back in. I thought it was strange but went back to shooting. I looked over a few minutes later and saw a fire. I couldn't put it out so I called the sherriffs office and told them what happenned and a description of the car. the fire dept put it out and I heard later that they caught the person doing it and he did it to make it look like the shooters were using tracers and starting fires in an attempt to close down the ranges.

Ghugly
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
LETS GET IT RIGHT...

FIRST HE IS IN CALIFONIA....so who cares( I'm born and raised in ca....)
second its not about TARGET shooting if one is shooting (steel) that quality of ammo..

he was out blasting with friends and it started a fire.......

its not about target shooting and it did not occur in the free protion of the united states....

mike in co

So............. Where is this "free portion of the United States" where it's OK to destroy other peoples homes and property? Are you suggesting that "free" means free from responsibility for your actions?

As a native Californian, I'm fully aware of the price we pay for constantly seeking out, and hiring, the most worthless and witless bureaucrats on the planet. I just don't think that this is a great example. This was a horrible tragedy caused by a stupid mistake. He may not have known that he was firing steel into dry grass. He may not have known the hazard of firing Steele into dry grass. I think the point is, that it was his responsibility to know.

mike in co
02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
So............. Where is this "free portion of the United States" where it's OK to destroy other peoples homes and property? Are you suggesting that "free" means free from responsibility for your actions?

As a native Californian, I'm fully aware of the price we pay for constantly seeking out, and hiring, the most worthless and witless bureaucrats on the planet. I just don't think that this is a great example. This was a horrible tragedy caused by a stupid mistake. He may not have known that he was firing steel into dry grass. He may not have known the hazard of firing Steele into dry grass. I think the point is, that it was his responsibility to know.

no, in colorado , if i start a fire, i'm responsible...BUT they do not prosecute me for owning the firearm...as in an ak , an ar, a pistol with more than a 10 round mag.....
i do not have to log my ammo purchases.....
i take home firearms on the day i buy them, not several days later.
not over here in the free portion of the united states

by the way there is lots of ammo sold that has copper washed steel jackets...it is almost never listed that way.

the article is from the modesto bee, i used to work summers in modesto. the movie 'AMERICAN GRAFITTEE" is about modesto in the early 1960's. my mom is from modesto.

mike in co

Slowpoke
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
So , am I the only one who has seen WW bullets make sparks?

Good luck