PDA

View Full Version : Red Rooster HVR Lube...

waco
02-08-2009, 03:00 AM
i use this lube for everything from 850fps .38spl, to 1800fps .45-70.
results are nice across the board
is there a need for more than one lube?
if so..........what a pain in the butt...........unless you have two or more lube sizers......which i dont.
what do you guys think about one lube for all purpose needs?
thanks in advance.
waco:Fire:
:drinks:

NuJudge
02-08-2009, 08:33 AM
I have 4 Lyman and two Star machines. I use 50/50 lube for most everything, with a little Lee Liquid Alox. Years ago I used a lot of RCBS and other Lyman lubes, but found no advantage over 50/50. I have a number of Lar's products, but I have not used them yet. I'm also getting ready to make a lot of Bullshop's Speed Green.

I believe most of us try a lot of things, but look for something reliable and relatively cheap, and standardize on that.

mr mom
02-08-2009, 08:46 AM
ive been useing red rooster , but have switched ... my main reason is cost !!! at 4.50 a tube ?? i found here on this site white lable lube and at 1.60 a tube its a deal !!! i just picked up 14 tubes and after a week im down to 6 .. going to get a few more ....

cajun shooter
02-08-2009, 09:21 AM
You should take and try the BAC made by white label. It's the best and works in all pistol bullets for alot less money. Also don't find changing lube that bad. Use my $10 harbor Frieght Gun and all the lube is out in a few minutes. BAC is so good that I worry when my stock is down to 10 tubes.

Bret4207
02-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm still using up my purchase of 50/50 I bought from GAR when they went out of business. That and LLA have worked pretty good up to 1600+. If you've found something you really like it's fine to stick with it. It's what you can afford vs. performance. To each their own!

EDK
02-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm still using up my purchase of 50/50 I bought from GAR when they went out of business. That and LLA have worked pretty good up to 1600+. If you've found something you really like it's fine to stick with it. It's what you can afford vs. performance. To each their own!

I just found six sticks of GAR under some other junk in a storage cabinet. It's been awhile....I hope their retirement, etc has gone well for them...nice folks to deal with.

LARS' stuff is real good and the price is better. Get it in baggies and save some $$. All of his blends have worked well for me...I just don't like using a heater for lubing. The smokeless blends are in the STAR and the Black Powder Supreme is in the 4500 for the BIG 50 SHILOH SHARPS.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

mooman76
02-08-2009, 04:04 PM
It's the only lube I use from a lube sizer. I only have one also and don't want to have to switch back and forth. I do still use LLA and JPW occationally for something quick and easy.