PDA

View Full Version : rubber boolits

waco
02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
anyone ever use rubber boolits?
mine are .44 cal, black rubber, and weigh around 16.5 gr.
just a primer should do.....right?
just wanna pop beer cans or cartons in the shop.
marlin levergun in .44mag
thanks again fellas.
waco:drinks:

44man
02-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I bought a bunch for my .45 Vaquero long ago to shoot in the basement. They are fun at close range. You would do best to pick some cases just for the rubber and drill out the flash hole a little because primers tend to back out. Don't use these for powder loads.
Yes, a primer is all you need.

waco
02-08-2009, 01:11 AM
thanx!
ill go give it a try!

DLCTEX
02-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Waco: have you checked out the threads on Gluelits (or various other spellings). Boolits cast with hot glue and fired with primer.

Bret4207
02-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I've shot thousands of the Speer plastic jobs. They hurt when you get hit with them. Why do I know this? My friend used them too. We we're young and stupid.

montana_charlie
02-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Nope...never tried rubber. I think it would smoke too much when you melted it down to cast with...and I can't imagine what you would use for flux.
CM

Johnch
02-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I use to use the rubber bullets in the 38 and 45
Never tryed 44

I agree , drill out the primer pockets and never use these cases for regulare reloads
I coated these cases with Brass Black 1/2 way up
So I can easly tell these cases apart

At 20' they put a prett good dent in drywall
So I bet they would sting if some fool shot me

OH BTW No recoil , so from memory they shoot LOW

John

Kraschenbirn
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Have shot rubber bullets for winter practice in both .38 and .45 and found them surprisingly accurate out to about 25'. Normal indoor precautions...like for an airgun...should be observed, however, those little rascals have more punch that you might imagine.

Bill

NoDakJak
02-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I never used rubber bullets and only a few plastic but I did shoot lots of parrifin wax bullets. Used them to shoot flies of the walls in my shop. Had to run a brass brush thru the bore every few rounds to maintain any accuracy. Don't ak me how I know but they not only sting but cause a large purple bruise! Neil

Heavy lead
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I never used rubber bullets and only a few plastic but I did shoot lots of parrifin wax bullets. Used them to shoot flies of the walls in my shop. Had to run a brass brush thru the bore every few rounds to maintain any accuracy. Don't ak me how I know but they not only sting but cause a large purple bruise! Neil

How do you ever see the bruising on the flies, must have good eyesight!:roll:

crabo
02-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I've shot thousands of the Speer plastic jobs. They hurt when you get hit with them. Why do I know this? My friend used them too. We we're young and stupid.

They will also punch through a hollow core door. Of course that is just rumor.......