PDA

View Full Version : Rant Slob Shooters

The Nyack Kid
01-20-2006, 11:47 PM
I didn't have the run in with the slobs to day , it was our Log Truck driver ( my bosses Dad ) . the story is that on the way out of the gate with the last load of the day ,he was coming down a steep little hill with a turn at the bottom and a colvet across the creek . There where a couple of ya-hoos parked on the colvet having a merry old time blasting up a sign and verious amounts of garbage . the roads have been really icy slick up in the woods and Ernie locked up the breaks , his trailer hit a drain dip (thats what Plum Creek calls em ,we call em "them dam tank traps") that was full of ice and hes trailer left the road. he was able to keep the truck under contral , and pulled the trailer back on to the road . Thank God , he didnt tip over , six inches further to the right and he would have . things would have been very ugly other wise .Poor Ernie slid off of the road tuesday , we spent three hours getting the truck and parts and peices back on the road til very dark thirty at night .then all day thursday putting the truck back togather so we could haul today, . the not-quite-the-weekend warriors sped away leaving behind , shot-up garbage , a shot-up sign ,empty ciggaret boxes, empty boxes of PMC 45 and 9mm , empty brass from said empty boxes of ammo, empty 20 gauge shotshells , heck even 3 live 45 cartiridges and a live 20 gauge shell . Ernie may or may not have said something bad.
also driving on the way home somebody dumped three big rocks , right in the middle of the road at the Wild Bill - Browns Meadow Juction ( if you know where that is, you get a point) it was all that Dave and i could do to move the darn things .

What motavates a person to park their sorry A$$ in the middle of a busy road to shoot stuff up ?
Why is it , that some people never ever learn to clean up after them-selves?
Are log truck drivers , Nuts , Insane or Crazy ?
Is winter way over-rated or is it just me ?
I need a beer.

MT Gianni
01-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Kid, take 2 beers. Log truck drivers are crazy, insane, nuts and some are rude while others are the best folk you could ever meet. Some slobs don't get it no matter what their hobbies are. Nothing wrong withtelling them to pick their crap up when you see them or have the County toss them out. Gianni.

waksupi
01-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Kid, there are some real wanna-be, worthless inbred *******s up Brown's Meadow. Makes the Pinkum Creek crowd up by Eureka look civilized. Advise your trucker to center punch thier vehicle next time. If they would have penned a woman up on that mountain with thier rocks, they could have killed someone this time of year. There's a few good people over there, but I think the worthless ******** may be in the majority.

Bret4207
01-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Jeeze, and here I was thinking all the moron, scum sucking, plant life IQ, inbred, stupid, zipper headed dipwads were here in the great northeast. As for log truck drivers, on the whole they're some of the finest clientel I deal with, same with most truckers.

There's a sign just a couple miles from my house gets shot up everytime they replace it. It's in almost direct line with a house. Must be poor ballistics and good luck that the house hasn't been hit. Of course it's always shot around 3:00AM. Wonder what kind of "hunter" is out at 3:00AM? Oh yeah! The kind with the 6 million candle power spot light on the seat next to him. Sad part is you catch them andi they get probation- again and again and again. Why bother.....

KS1911
01-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Of course it's always shot around 3:00AM. Wonder what kind of "hunter" is out at 3:00AM? Oh yeah! The kind with the 6 million candle power spot light on the seat next to him. Sad part is you catch them andi they get probation- again and again and again. Why bother.....

About 10-15 years ago the county Sheriff was busted spot lighting/poaching deer out of his patrol car. I don't remember the details but I do know that he was not fired and continued as the Sheriff for a couple more years. Seems to me the problems more widespread than most people care to believe.

bruce drake
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
More in the lines of safety during hunting seasons when idiots are out.

I grew up in Piscataquis County, Maine in the 70's and 80's. We had a county sheriff by the name of Frank Murch. Never carried a firearm. It seems that in the 60's shortly after he was elected the first time as County Sheriff, he was out deer hunting and fired at what he thought was a deer. Killed a hunter out of Massachusetts who was wearing a Red Mackinaw. The horrible thought of accidently shooting the fellow is bad enough. Worse is that Sheriff Murch put two 12 gauge slugs in the man. Final outcome from the State District Court in 1971. Accidental Manslaughter (due to the second shot). Not sure how many months he spent in his own county jail. Lifetime ban on possession of firearms. Was successfully reelected to the position of Sheriff for the next 20 years. Campaigned that as a Sheriff his position was more Command and Control and he did not require a firearm. Always drove a Police Cruiser with another officer. Always had a full kit of gear (including rifles) in the trunk. Always had a deer "delivered" during Deer Season. My Dad was the Town Marshall and had to share the County Jail and Administration Building with them. I always thought it was funny about the vagaries of justice in a small town (very rural county).

Bruce

Maven
01-23-2006, 06:09 PM
"What motivates a person to park their sorry A$$ in the middle of the road....?" I suppose the same thing that motivates idiots to play and lounge on working RR tracks. Let me explain. When I first began working on a tourist RR, I was told that people would sometimes set up a lounge chair across the tracks and read while their spouse/boyfriend went trout fishing. (The RR runs parallel to Esopus Creek, a noted NY trout stream, for several miles.) On the last run of the day, running caboose first, this very thing happened, and as usual, the guilty party plead ignorance and was amazed that a train actually ran through there (only 5-6 round trips/day on weekends & holidays!). That boob could have been a candidate for 2nd place in the Darwin Awards ceremony.

As for shooting at something you're not supposed to, the locals have always blamed Long Island & New York City "slob" hunters for that stuff. However, a look at the local newspapers shows the majority of them to be home-grown. E.g., this past big game season, one such fool shot a black bear in its den and another on Dept. of Environmental Protection (New York City reservoir) property, which is heavily patrolled. These two are prime examples of the epidemic of cranial-rectal inversion that we're experiencing.

KevMT
01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Here in Butte MT I am very lucky to have a place to shoot less than a mile from my house (And I live in town). The land is privatly owned mining land but is frequently used by ATV's and shooters without any fuss. You can imagine the hue and cry around MOST towns if there were shooting going on right next to town. The problem is that many locals and college kids bring TV's, computers, bottles and any other crap you can think of, out to shoot up and leave when they are done. Many also don't show a lot of common sense in terms of how and where they set up to shoot. For instance there is a nice pit to shoot in with many berms to set a target up on. But many will put the targets on the floor of the pit so that their bullets skip off of the floor and sing off into the distance. Sadly I think the days of this shooting area are limited as it will only be a matter of time before someone lets a bullet fly over into town or one of the many areas that people hike and walk their dogs. Or maybe folks will just get tired of cleaning up all of the trash. Kev