PDA

View Full Version : The 429-40S&W

BT Sniper
02-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Many off you have kept up with the project of turning pistol brass into jackets for bullets. I just want to say thanks to all here that have spent the time to offer advise to the many of us. There seems to be a lot of intrest in making your own these days. Check the number of views on topics like 22 bullets from 22lr brass or this 40 S&W - .429 project. How many of us have seen the post that reads " I'm intrested but then I checked the cost"? I admit I am relitively new to this sight and great hobby but can't help thinking of all that have been turned away because of the $. It reminds me of days ago when I spent alot of time at the athletic club, the first of the year always brought the " new year resolution" only to fade by next month. With mag articals such as recent "Shooting Times Reload the .223" I'm sure it sparked an intrest in the make your own theory and probably an increase in traffic (a good thing) to great sights like this. Hopefully we can show the new comers what fun can be had rather than the potential of how much it could cost.

OK enough of the preaching, here is what I have been able to accomplish with alot of time (5 months almost every night), some agravation, a little $ (around $200), basic tools (drill press and dremmel), and a very caring wife:-D.

First pic is how it goes some days, next 3 is what makes it all worth it, shooting home made as good as factory on the cheep, PRICLESS! Figured out how to make perfect 6 notches (like hornady xtp) in top of brass and lead to hopfully make a perfect mushroom. Will test this soon as just accomplished this at midnight and have been thinking how could I do it for years. Pic of case is a 44 Auto Mag pistol case that is the same lenght as a 44 mag but not interchangable.

Good shooting

Brian

sav300
02-06-2009, 06:13 AM
BT,thats looking good,Good luck.Thanks for pictures and ideas in other case swage forums.

acemedic13
02-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Thats it brother !!!!You scored a hit with that!! Nice work.