PDA

View Full Version : Duke - No response to offer to buy

TGM
02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
On Feb 1 made an offer to buy a mould and have had no response, either yes or no to my offer. The offering party was on the web sight at a time after I made the offer. If the party was out of town it would be understandable for the dely to respond, but it appears that was not the case. Kind of makes you unhappy when this takes place.

TGM

wonderwolf
02-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Sending a PM or Email is really the only good way to communicate with people on here which can be frustrating sometimes. If your offer was not at the sellers price then they might just be thinking about it esp if the item was JUST posted for sale. its only been 3 days. And some people don't check their pm's all the time or their emails. I have a hell of a time getting back to people sometimes with work and school.

Scrounger
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
If it was me, I apologize, although I make no claim that I read every single posts made in a day, there are hundreds of them If you were interested, what's wrong with posting again the next day or sending a PM? Most people here have a life and there are dozens of distractions and mini-emergencies that require attention every day. Now, what was the mold and who is the owner?

Here is a link to the mold for sale you asked about:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=484183#post484183

WildmanJack
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
TGM,
I called Duke just now and there was no one home. I left a message for him that he had some responses to his molds for sale. I think he probably had to go out of town unexpectedly, as normally when I call him, he's always at home... I'm sure he will be back in touch shortly..
Jack

Scrounger
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
He doesn't have a cell phone...Excuse me, two cell phones???

rmb721
02-04-2009, 02:19 PM
I will probably one of the last not to have a cell phone.

Todd N.
02-04-2009, 02:34 PM
TGM,

I hate to say it, but you're acting like the small boy at the back of the classroom.

SPEAK UP!

He didn't notice your email or PM? Do it again.
Believe it or not, some of us have INCREDIBLY BUSY lives- career, hobbies, family, neighborhood activities, hunting season/ fishing season, business travel, family emergencies, etc., etc., etc.
As strange as it may seem to you, people sometimes forget to return calls (or emails or whatever).
Duke is a good guy, as are most all the folks here. Don't take this the wrong way, and all will be good!

Muddy Creek Sam
02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Last time I talked to Duke He had a new job out of town. It took him a couple of days to get back to me. Not a problem. He did, I sent the money for the Coat and It will show up here.

Sam :D

NSP64
02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
he doesn't have a cell phone...excuse me, two cell phones???

roflmao

jsizemore
02-05-2009, 12:24 AM
What's a cell phone?

sg5054
02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
What's a cell phone?

Never seen one??
I would be more than happy to send you mine...........

Triggerhappy
02-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Duke's a good guy. I know he has some business up North at times so he may be out of touch for a bit. He'll check back in. Be patient. This isn't Walmart. Doesn't help to get mad about it.

TH

Todd N.
02-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Never seen one??
I would be more than happy to send you mine...........

No, please, I insist! I'll send you mine.

And my wife's! And her bill...:groner:

Tom W.
02-13-2009, 06:00 AM
I can't complain about Duke, either. He was most patient when I wasn't and I'll publicly apologize to him for my impatience. Working nights really screws up my concept of time and dates anymore....I go to work on Thursday, get home on Friday , go back to work on Friday, the SAME Friday that I just left work from, and get home on Saturday.... I think....

runfiverun
02-15-2009, 02:51 PM
be glad it ain't me i work 16 days in the desert then am home for about a week. after you take out a days travel each way.

shooterg
02-15-2009, 03:55 PM
I've bought from Duke, no problem. Fairly new but I've had transactions that took 3/4 weeks to complete with folks here and I have no problem with that. Most ain't in business, this is our hobby, and we pass on stuff we're not using and buy stuff we might . Take a 12 oz. chill pill and relax.