PDA

View Full Version : Great results!

mugsie
02-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I typically lube with Felix lube, making the concoction myself. I shoot this out of a Blackhawk 45LC & 45 ACP, Redhawk 44mag, 357, 38, name it. I cast for everything. Anyway, at the end of a session, maybe 100 or so rounds through a couple of guns at a time, when cleaning I usually find slivers of lead in the barrels. Small slivers, nothing to get worried about but there none the less.

Being the type person I am, never willing to settle on one thing but always experimenting and changing things around, I decided to add some Johnsons Paste Wax to the felix lube. I mixed up several dolops, plopped them on top of some felix lube, heated the brew (whew does the JPW stink!) and stirred it all together. Did I mention how much the JPW sinks?!

Lubed up several batches, took em' to the range and fired away. Immaculate! The bores were absolutly clean! I am amazed at this, not realizing how much an effect the lube would have. I just wanted to share my experience.

Try it for yourselves and let me know what heppens.

Enjoy and good shooting....

docone31
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I know.
When I added some Castrol Synthetic Wax Stick to the blend, my cleaning got real simple.
It melted in without much smell, and it works real well.