PDA

View Full Version : Gun show today in Massachusetts

dragonrider
01-31-2009, 09:51 PM
First off got there early to stand outside in line with about 300 other damn fools freezing our butts off. Finally got in and for the first half hour it was ok. Then you started to notice the crowd, and all it got was bigger, In 25 years of going to gun shows I have never been to one as crowded as this one. It got to be near impossible to get near the tables. There were some reasonable prices but for the most part prices where outrageous. I saw a Walther PP with a price tag of $1100, nothing special just an ordinary PP in .32 cal. I have one paid $150 ten or fifteen years ago. The least expensive Garand I saw was $950.00. Beat to **** AR's for $1500.00. A S&W model 1917 for $800.00 that looked too good to be the original finish. The only primers I saw were $165.00/5000.:shock: Fortunately I am well primed. Most of the powders I saw where reasonably priced about $20.00 average. I saw only one press for sale, and old Lyman turret press. $ 50.00. I did get a mold, RCBS 7mm 145 grn. Sil. brand new $20.00. Don't know if I will keep it, trying to get away from gas checked boolits, will see how it does in the 7-30 Waters then decide. When we left two and half hours later there was perhaps 150 waiting to get in. I believe the occupancy level had been reached inside and they would admit only as some others left.

crazy mark
02-01-2009, 01:28 AM
I went to one here in Oregon and it was really crowded. No moulds, some primers and some powder. Nice selection of arms priced all over the place. I did pick up a S&W 1905 in 32-20 while my friend picked up a Enfield Snider conversion to 12 Ga. I almost brought home a Marlin 36 in 32 spl but it had been refinished too much for my tastes. It was freezing out this morning and many cars were off I-5. Wish I had about 2k today as I could have spent that easily. The gun show was in a small Elks hall.

jhrosier
02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
First off got there early to stand outside in line with about 300 other damn fools freezing our butts off....

Fun, NOT!
I got there a little after 10 and found a parking place about a half mile away by 10:30. The line to get in was about 20 minutes long and a lot of people weren't dressed for the temps. How long do you have to live in New England before you figure out that it gets cold in the winter?
What a zoo!
I am astounded by the current prices of Winchester '94s. The beater grades were $450 and up!
In fact, all of the gun prices were easily 25% higher than they were just a few weeks ago.
I did notice that there were very few people leaving with guns.

I went mainly to complete a deal with a fellow for some bar solder and had a nice chat to boot. Nice young fellow and an aspiring handloader and boolit caster. He insisted on giving me twice as much bar solder as we had made a deal for, even after I explained the value of tin.

Primers were $26-$32 per thou, a little high but if you need them you just got to grit yer teeth & pay.
I did get a 4# of Unique for $60 and that's a lot better than the $22 per# that the local gunshop charges.
I noticed that most of the new centerfire hangun ammo is about a buck a pop.
I don't know how folks just starting to shoot afford those kinds of prices.

Jack

1Shirt
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Gun show in Lincoln two weeks ago. Close to what the others discribed. Guns real pricy. Little ammo, very little reloading equipment. Did pick up a decent Lyman 2 cav. for $15.00 that required a little cleaning up. Picked up a Mosin for $100 with a better than average bbl. No primers, very little powder. Think that with the current administration, prices will just just keep going up right along with our taxes. That's how they will run a lot out of shooting and reloading.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Old Ironsights
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Teddy allows Gunshows in MA?

jhrosier
02-02-2009, 07:22 PM

We have them while he is passed out drunk.[smilie=1:

Jack

dragonrider
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Good one Jack. :mrgreen::drinks:

JIMinPHX
02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Old Ironsights:

We have them while he is passed out drunk.[smilie=1:

Jack

That often?

JIMinPHX
02-02-2009, 11:51 PM
First off got there early to stand outside in line with about 300 other damn fools freezing our butts off.

Sounds like the after Thanksgiving sales at Collector's Coin Gallery in Stoneham, back in the day...

At the shows around here these days, $200 SKS rifles go for $400. AKs start around $700 & go above $1500. Ammo is being sold by the case as the rule rather than the exception. I would estimate that 6 or 8 skids of ammo got sold off just one of the 3 major ammo tables in just one day at the January show.

The big box stores like Walmart & Sportsman's warehouse have shelves that are just about bare.

WickedGoodOutdoors
02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
I have not seen any Sportsmans /Flea Market Show at the Fish& Game Clubs recently. I used to really enjoy going to the and anyone could set up a table for $10 and sell what they have.

Does Riverside Gun Club in Hudson Mass still run their show? Bought as much as I sold sometimes and left with just guns & a smile

The Pelham Fish & Game had one and the Danver Gun Club and the Haverhill Club and tons of others.

Maybe Ill try to get one going up here in Maine at the Gun Club.

dragonrider
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
NEC, there is a sportsmans/flea martket show coming up at the Lunenburg Sportsman Club soon, I will try to get the date and post it here.