PDA

View Full Version : Boy--do I feel stupid!! Kind-of

rockrat
01-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Ordered a set of swaging dies from C/H in 44 cal to be able to use the 40 cal cases. Ordered the dies Monday.

Was looking for some SR mag primers, as I have some I bought about 30 years ago, but never used many. Least I thought I had some. Aslo looking for some Fed SRM primers also to use in the 357max.

Use to have my reloading setup in the house,now most is in the shop (ya know-getting married--kids--kind of thing). Look at a box on the shelf that has some primers in it, hoping I might find some and pull out the box of ammo on top.

Lo and behold, there is a box that says C/H swaging dies in the far back, so I think, hey, here are the parts I need for the other dies I have . Pull out the box, and there is a brand new set of 44 swaging dies I bought about 20 years ago and never used!!

Forgot all about them until reading up on swaging stuff here. Called C/H hoping they haven't shipped them yet.

CRS struck again[smilie=b:

Oh, did find some CCI 450's. I KNEW I had some:drinks:

jcunclejoe
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
I understand, recently I found a new top punch in the package for a 25 caliber cast bullet I was making. Of course it was after I had just ordered another one.
Then Yesterday I was looking through my molds and saw one I thought was a 41-240gr SWC. Measured and weighed it and it was a 44-255gr Lee SWC. I recently purchased a Lyman 44-250gr SWC.
I bought the Lee a couple of years ago and complety forgot. I had even cast with it and then found a couple hundred bullets (sized & lubed). What was I talking about??
CRS sucks, but then again I keep finding cool new stuff, that I already own.
Joe

jhrosier
01-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I can't say a darn thing, except, how the blazes did I wind up with three sets of .358 Win. dies?
It just doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that a body would forget buying....:confused:

Jack

Hardcast416taylor
01-30-2009, 05:39 PM
I was setting up to trim some brass the other night. I dumped out all the Forester pilots to look for the .30 cal. I wondered why I had so many large size pilots. Don`t ask me why I now have 3 .416 pilots! :confused: Robert

home in oz
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Lotsa times it is better to buy the item than look for it in the garage....

acemedic13
01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
I understand, recently I found a new top punch in the package for a 25 caliber cast bullet I was making. Of course it was after I had just ordered another one.
Then Yesterday I was looking through my molds and saw one I thought was a 41-240gr SWC. Measured and weighed it and it was a 44-255gr Lee SWC. I recently purchased a Lyman 44-250gr SWC.
I bought the Lee a couple of years ago and complety forgot. I had even cast with it and then found a couple hundred bullets (sized & lubed). What was I talking about??
CRS sucks, but then again I keep finding cool new stuff, that I already own.
Joe
If you want to unload one of those 44 or 41 molds let me know. I would be happy to help you recover costs.

kirb
01-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Wife says that kind of behavior is from old age, to many lead fumes and lack of organization. My boys think it’s a good plan I buy triples and they get the extra as I find them. Besides that I haven’t misplaced my wife and bought in a new in 36 years but then I could only afford one wife.

Kirb

jcunclejoe
01-30-2009, 08:34 PM
acemedic13
I already sold the 41 mold and the 44 mold is still available from Lee for about $18 (through somebody else, not retail)
Thanks for the offer though.
Joe

454PB
01-30-2009, 11:27 PM
The only good thing about getting old and CRS is that you can hide your own Easter eggs!

BT Sniper
01-31-2009, 04:07 AM
Finding a set of dies sounds more like Christmas to me, or putting on an old pair of pants and finding $130 in the pocket.

Have fun with the project. May not be the fastest way to make a bullet but it certainly is unique and very afordable, plus they shoot straight.

Brian