PDA

View Full Version : 338 Gc

BABore
01-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Where can I find some Hornady 338 Gas Checks? Midway, Grafs, and Midsouth don't carry them.

felix
01-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Not interested in the group buy? ... felix

biggome
01-16-2006, 10:36 AM
I have some I don't need though I would like to get rid of them along with the Lee C338-220-1R mold and Lee sizing die rather then by themselves.

Paul

bravokilo
01-16-2006, 03:14 PM
I have some I don't need though I would like to get rid of them along with the Lee C338-220-1R mold and Lee sizing die rather then by themselves.

Paul

How much??

BK

biggome
01-16-2006, 11:37 PM
After spending far too much time attempting to find the mold and custom ordered sizing die I was only able to find the gas checks. It seems I may suffer from WTMC (Way Too Much Crap).

I remember a few years ago when I rounded up the mold, gas checks, sizing die and a set of RCBS dies for a guy who never came through on a trade deal and now I can only find the reloading dies and gas checks. I'll look around again when I get a chance after I get over being pissed about not finding the mold and sizing die within the first hour of searching.

Paul

9.3X62AL
01-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Biggome--

You have no idea how good it makes me feel to know that I am not the only person who is in your condition from time to time.

carpetman
01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
biggome---if you find that lost stuff it will probably be in last place you look. Some folks continue looking I reckon.

bravokilo
01-17-2006, 12:36 AM
I was on my way out the door when I posted that. BABore has dibs if he is interested. I am putting together a .338-06 A-Square (Midway bbl and stock sale) and didn't order any cast stuff at the time-the total was getting a little out of hand! I also ordered a .35 Whelen setup, a Wheeler D&T jig, and, and...you get the idea. Anyway, to make a long story short, I decided to lap the barrel before final assembly and I CAN'T FIND MY LEAD DIPPER!!!! I KNOW it's here, I've seen it recently. I've been looking on and off for over a week now....I understand about WTMC!!!

BK

BABore
01-17-2006, 08:26 AM
It all yours. I just ordered a custom mold for my 338 WM. Since the mold is about a month out I'll probably get in on the group buy. All set on dies and stuff and I don't appreciate Lee moulds as much as others. Thanks anyway.

44man
01-17-2006, 11:43 AM
WTMC----I really feel sorry for my daughter if I die. Several tractor trailers might do it to haul it all off.

bravokilo
01-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Lock, Stock & Barrel has them in stock for $15.72.

http://www.lockstock.com/

BK

gutshot_again
01-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Talked to Hornady yesterday. According to the gal there they still have some in stock (at about $26/1000), but the 338 has been discontinued. She based this on it not being in the 2006 catalog. If this is true, then the 6MM, 270 and the 348 checks have been discontinued as well.

felix
01-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Gascheck prices are going up like gangbusters after we make our group purchase. The material cost alone just about doubled over this last year. This is from a conversation with Larry, our Gator check maker. So, if you are going to buy checks, NOW is the time. ... felix

waksupi
01-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Gascheck prices are going up like gangbusters after we make our group purchase. The material cost alone just about doubled over this last year. This is from a conversation with Larry, our Gator check maker. So, if you are going to buy checks, NOW is the time. ... felix

Felix, what is our time line on ordering the checks? I may go ahead and order more than I had planned, just to be ahead of the price increase in the future.

felix
01-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Last order will be taken Jan 31. Then a verification email will be sent out the next couple days indicating the amount to be sent to me in the form of a check or Money Order. The whole order will be a yes, or a no. Changes will not be permitted. This is a warning! Any one sent an email already asking about 41, 45, or 50 caliber checks had better send it back ASAP. We are in the process of scrubbing the data base for purity, and Larry has already seen the orders so he can get a head start in manufacturing. ... felix