PDA

View Full Version : Picked up some wheel weights today

redfisherdave
01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I scored about a 1/2 bucket of wheel weights today at a tire shop here in SW Florida today. I had gotten a flat fixed at this shop last week & asked the manager about their old wheel weights. He said bring by a bucket & he'd give me some. So I went by there this morning & that manager wasn't there. Told him that the other guy said I could have some wheel weights & he just went on & on about EPA & fines & how they don't want the lead ending up in water. He thought I was using them for fishing sinkers. Well I finally got a word in edgewise & told him I was making bullets, not sinkers. At that point he said allright & that I was welcome to all wheel weights he had.

Been lurking here a while & learning quite a bit.

Thanks
Dave

The Dove
01-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Congrats on the WW find and welcome to this site. These folks are the experts on what ever you're wanting to accomplish. I've learned more here about cast boolits than anywhere else on the web.

The Dove

WildmanJack
01-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Redfisher, Where in SW Florida r ya? I'm in Punta Gorda.... Nice to see a neighbor on here..
Jack

redfisherdave
01-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Plant City. I usually make a run thru Punta Gorda on Thursdays.

The funny thing about that story is I had read in this forum I think, a while back that you will probably have better luck getting scrap lead if you tell them it's for sinkers & not bullets. For this guy opposite was true.

WildmanJack
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Ah yes, Plant City, Best Dam Strawberries I ever ate!!! Let me know next time ur coming thru. We have a pretty nice range at Cecle Webb ( so long as the gang bangers aren't there..)
Jack

WildmanJack
01-27-2009, 09:16 PM
OOps, Thursday's I'm at Snook Haven playing music all day...
I forgot!! Man it's a B..ch gettin old......
Jack

redfisherdave
01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Me & a bunch of guys rented jon boats at Snook Haven years ago. Spent the day fishing up & down the river. Might catch a bass on one cast & then a snook on the next. Beautiful river.