PDA

View Full Version : H&G molds

Bloodman14
01-27-2009, 11:10 AM
check out "Ballisti-Cast" on your search engine. They are in Minot, ND. It appears they bought H&G, but I can't seem to find H&G rifle molds on the site.
gunnerd

Lead Forever!:lovebooli

Jack Stanley
01-27-2009, 06:26 PM
It's been a very long time since I ordered a H&G mold (obviously [smilie=1:) I seem to remember that they would make a "rifle" mold . With that said , some of there "pistol" calibers just so happened to work in "rifles" A couple that come to mind were the 25/20 , 32/20 , .30 carbine and 45/70 .

Oh , how I would have like to have bought a multi-cavity mold for the thirty cal. ( other than my number 67 four cavity or course ) :-D

Jack

Paladin 56
01-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I have an H&G 10 cavity 158 SWCBB mold I purchased from them in the early 80's. Seemed like a lot of money at the time, and it will keep the arms in good shape. Sure does allow for more shooting time and less casting time.

This link (http://www.ballisti-cast.com/Mark%20II%20Specs.htm) on the Ballisti-Cast site will get you to the reference to the H&G molds. The page was updated in July 08, so I guess they are making H&G molds again. The pages that look photo copied resemble the mimeographed pages that H&G sent out as their catalog.

David

Texasflyboy
01-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Hensley & Gibbs closed their doors in 1999, and Wayne Gibbs, the owner and son of James Gibbs, sold the tooling and equipment he was using up to that time. The H&G name stayed with Wayne Gibbs. He was very specific about that.

The tooling and designs changed hands a few times and the current owners offer many of the Hensley & Gibbs designs based on their manufacture.

Hensley & Gibbs stopped making rifle moulds around 1957. I would assume that when Wayne transferred what cherries he had in stock in 1999, they did not include any rifle designs.

There are many modern mould makers that approximate the Hensley & Gibbs rifle designs.

ddeaton
01-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Hensley & Gibbs closed their doors in 1999, and Wayne Gibbs, the owner and son of James Gibbs, sold the tooling and equipment he was using up to that time. The H&G name stayed with Wayne Gibbs. He was very specific about that.

The tooling and designs changed hands a few times and the current owners offer many of the Hensley & Gibbs designs based on their manufacture.

Hensley & Gibbs stopped making rifle moulds around 1957. I would assume that when Wayne transferred what cherries he had in stock in 1999, they did not include any rifle designs.

There are many modern mould makers that approximate the Hensley & Gibbs rifle designs.

I cant get your link to work.:???:

Irascible
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Paladin 56;480063]I have an H&G 10 cavity 158 SWCBB mold I purchased from them in the early 80's. Seemed like a lot of money at the time, and it will keep the arms in good shape. Sure does allow for more shooting time and less casting time.

Yup, and you can get every cent back on Ebay. H&G moulds are selling for more than new. Not that i will sell mine anytime soon. They REALLY work well.

mstarling
01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
When I was a youngster I bought several H&G molds that I still use (44 mag 4 ganger and 41 mag 6 ganger). Wish I had bought more. Last one I paid $37.50 including shipping.

Ballisiti-Cast is the successor to H&G. I have several of their molds now and they are identical in design to original H&Gs and finished with approximately the same care. The cavities may not be quite as consistent, but are closer than the NEI's, RCBSs, Lyman's, and Lee's that I have.

Still very, very nice molds that are wonderful to use.