PDA

View Full Version : another pat on the back for this forum!

BD
01-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I've been pretty busy for the last few years, working out of state and putting in 50 -60 hours a week. Due to changing email addresses and servers my log-ins to the other forums have been lost and I haven't been reading anywhere but here.

I recently got the itch to build an AR15 "thumper" and so started looking at the other forums for comparisons and ballistic data between the 3 main contenders. Most of the other forums I was familer with have grown tremendouslly while the quality of the content has seriously gone down hill. I could not believe the amount of BS you need to sift through on most of those forums to find any kernals of real information.

The AR specific sites are the worst. It's enough to make you wonder if they've got restrictions against anyone older than 12 posting. It also makes me wonder what kind of impression the "gun culture" leaves on someone just surfing through the web.

The experience has really impressed upon me how valuble this site is, and what an efficient source of information has been created here.

BD

Buckshot
01-27-2009, 12:57 AM
..............Well, the members make it what it is. Add to that, the average age of our membership is probably 15-20 years higher then on the AR type forums.

.................Buckshot

Bret4207
01-27-2009, 08:07 AM
I love this place. Yeah, we have our spats and mud slinging contests, but overall the caliber of poster here remains higher than most anywhere else I go. Even our worst day the tone here is fun, respectful, intelligent and mature. Some of the boards I hit you can't go 2 posts with out running into some guy who has a severe hormone problem or another who has a grudge against everyone and everything.

My thanks go out to all of the members here for providing me, us, with a nice place to go and escape for a a few minutes every day.

fourarmed
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I just can't wait to read another exchange between a bunch of twenty-something Glockmeisters. Gray is beautiful, baby!