PDA

View Full Version : Made Waksupi's Pesole

PatMarlin
01-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Man-

THis stuff is good! I made the Pesole with venison, and it is absolutley, fantastic!

You guys gotta try it.

Havin' the leftovers with scrambled eggs right now.. :mrgreen:

Thanks Ric!

waksupi
01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
If you guys make this with other than the sausage in the original recipe, I would suggest adding just a small pinch of sage to the mix.

fatnhappy
01-14-2006, 12:56 AM
OK. Fatnhappy isn't a handle, it's a epicurean philosphy. What am I missing out on?

Dean

PatMarlin
01-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Go back down a couple of months, and you'll find it.

With all respect to the chef, I just used the canned hominey and canned mexican salsas they sell at walmart here in California. You guys may not have it. In my version, I wouldn't use the sage cause of the spices in the salsa. It was the little 7 oz Farron brand red picante, and 30oz same brand on the hominey.

Since it was just me and my wife I used 12oz of venison taco cuts, 1 can of hominey, and 2 cans of salsa. Quick browned the venison in a real hot dutch oven with a bit of extra olive oil and some Pappy's seasoning and garlic powder. No need to drain cause there's no fat.

Dumped in the other ingreadients and simmered bout 40 minutes. Had a down home mexican flavor. [smilie=w:

onceabull
01-14-2006, 06:09 PM
PatM: not quite 'down home---------------" Unless you use goat meat..... Onceabull

waksupi
01-14-2006, 07:02 PM
OK. Fatnhappy isn't a handle, it's a epicurean philosphy. What am I missing out on?

Dean

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=3821

Lee
01-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Had to try it. Browned the meat at home, doubling the recipe. Took the meat and other fixings to work. As others watched, dumped it all in a pot and set on a hot plate for almost 90 minutes to get everything all good and hot.
Whooiee!!! Any of you haven't tried this do not know what you're missing. Fed over a dozen people, and every last one of them asked for the recipe.
Thank you, Waksupi........................................... .......Lee ;-)

sundog
01-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Yup, got a dab last from last weekend that I'll have for lunch today with a tortilla. This last batch I made with Blue and Gold sausage, you know the stuff the FFA guys and gals peddle for their yearly fund raiser. Good bunch of kids! I made State Farmer my senior in HS, so I have a soft spot for them and always support. Mrs sundog doesn't care too much for the hominy, so next goround I'm gonna make here a small batch with her choice of sausage, mild sauce, and whole kernal corn and see if that will be better for her, because she really likes it other than the hominy. Nice thing about home made is if you don't like it, change it. Personally, I think Rics recipe is good to go, as is. sundog

MT Gianni
01-28-2006, 05:44 PM
My wife didn't care for the hominy either. I made it with pork sausage and ground antelope and it turned out well. Next time to please her I will substitute 1 diced red or yellow potato for one can of hominy. Gianni.

sundog
01-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Gianni, did you know that you are a genius? Mrs Sundog is a potato girl, too. Ooooo, I got all kinds of idears now. Like I said, home made is good - you put in it what you want. Ric, well, yer kinda a genius, too. In your own way.... Hey, that was a compliment. sundog

Bodydoc447
02-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I made a batch of posole yesterday. Danged good recipe. Different from what I grew up with but a heck of a lot easier to make. Thanks!

Doc

Dale53
02-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Waksupi;
I had my wife make up a batch of your Pesole tonight. She used what we had on hand. The sausage was rather hot "Andouille" sausage ( New Orleans Style) and just regular hominy. We used soft whole wheat totillas. Put a couple of large spoons of Pesole in the middle, covered with shredded cheese and lettuce, add a couple "dollops" of sour cream. Rolled up and made a yummy supper. This was pretty hot, definitely above "medium" but I liked it just fine. The sour cream kind of toned it down a bit.

We finished off with "Bananas Foster" :razz: Oh, life is good.

Thanks, Waksupi!

Dale53

waksupi
02-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Bananas Foster.... Mmmmmmmm................. Did you do the flaming version? Love it.

Dale53
02-20-2006, 01:51 AM
>>>Did you do the flaming version?<<<

Nah - there was just the wife and me (no one we were trying to impress :razz: ). However, it was pretty close to "Wonderful"!! :razz:

Dale53