PDA

View Full Version : scronging ?

bisley45
01-12-2006, 08:36 PM
wear do you go scronging for bullet alloys
been all over the place the tire shops think ww are made of gold (10.00 for a gallon bucket) need some more ideas of places to go scronging

mike in co
01-12-2006, 09:07 PM
tire shops, and i have a guy that repairs printing gear...he keeps a look out for lino for me.
find a tire shop that is just opening, offer to remove the heavy metal toxic waste for free, or if he fishes, but a weight mould and offer up some weights....

a new tire store may get hit by recycling co's offering to remove waste for a fee!

bisley45
01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
thanks you would think that I could get some lino I have been a printer for 15yrs no lino at are shop [smilie=b:

MGySgt
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I send the wife. She is the one that takes the vehicles for Tires, maintenance, etc. She asks around.

In the last 8 months she has brought home 8 buckets or more. She is up at our son's playing with the grand kids (2.5 hors away) when she comes back, there is another 2 buckets in the back of her Jeep!

That will make about 1500 pounds in the last 18 months that she has brought home. Yes I have to unload it when she gets home, but she backs her Jeep up to the 35 gal galv garbage cans I have there (3 now) and when I get home from work, I dump them and put a few buckets back in her Jeep.

Seems when you have what some people think is enough, you can find it or you fall into good deals, but when you are running low - It is harder to find then Hens teeth!

Drew

Frank46
01-13-2006, 03:16 AM
Gunny, you keep that up and your house will be taking a decided list where them cans are.
I probably have close to a half ton of different stuff in the garage. lino, sterotype, wheelweights, range backstop which is mostly hard cast boolits and some lead. Gotts to get off my butt and get some more wheel weights though. Frank

David R
01-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Bisley45.

Range lead is good stuff. Make sure there are no live shells in it, and have a blast. Range lead is usually good for standard (not magnum) loads if center fire is allowed.

David

The Nyack Kid
01-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I put on the "nyack ninja suit" and "nyack ninja black face paint" on my self. I put my "nyack ninja 5 gal bucket" and "nyack ninja wheel wheight tool" in the back of my "nyack ninja 2500 dodge pick-up" and drive down to Wallmarts parking lot and sneek around and liberate wheel wheights . I try not to get shot at .
If lots of people start shooting at me , then i will get a 12 pack of beer and go to tire shops and try and get WW from them ..... that is assuming Waksupi has left me any .

waksupi
01-13-2006, 11:55 PM
I put on the "nyack ninja suit" and "nyack ninja black face paint" on my self. I put my "nyack ninja 5 gal bucket" and "nyack ninja wheel wheight tool" in the back of my "nyack ninja 2500 dodge pick-up" and drive down to Wallmarts parking lot and sneek around and liberate wheel wheights . I try not to get shot at .
If lots of people start shooting at me , then i will get a 12 pack of beer and go to tire shops and try and get WW from them ..... that is assuming Waksupi has left me any .

Kid, I use the same basic equipment, except all of my gear is either "tactical" or "ballistic". So, you know I must be MUCH more successful in lead scrounging. Try Joe's Radiator Shop, on Center Street for solder droppings. "Joe", is a good looking blonde gal.

StarMetal
01-14-2006, 12:03 AM
walmarts have security camera's in their parking lots

Joe

The Nyack Kid
01-14-2006, 12:44 AM
walmarts have security camera's in their parking lots

Joe

I know that is why i wear the "nyack ninja" outfit harder to I.D. me .
Waksupi ,I tried the "tackical" gear out . it was a little tight in certain areas , and that made running, rather difficalt for me .
also that wasn't me who made the Evening News recently ,that was my aaah.... Evil Twin Brother who did it .
one of these days im going to have to yank a radator out of a skidder , joes sounds like a good place to go then.

waksupi
01-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Joe, sounds like the voice of experience. How much was the fine, and how much jail time did you get?

fatnhappy
01-14-2006, 01:16 AM
I send the wife.
In the last 8 months she has brought home 8 buckets or more. She is up at our son's playing with the grand kids (2.5 hors away) when she comes back, there is another 2 buckets in the back of her Jeep!

LOL.
I had a real hot college coop chick that used to work for me. REAL HOT. She owed me a personal favor so I had her hit a couple farms and tire shops. I believe I have enough lead and beeswax to last for about 5 years.

boys will be boys

johnho
01-14-2006, 10:45 AM
send wife to me with Jeep.

StarMetal
01-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Ric

No I didn't get in trouble. I have a lady friend that works for Walmart, and...welll...errrr....aaaaah...one of her co-workers is a lesbo...and....er....aaaahh....she has a new girlfriend.......and.....gulp...errrr...aaaaaa.... they fool around in her parked car in walmarts lots before going into work....that is until she herself found out about walmarts security cameras. har har har har har.

Joe

MGySgt
01-14-2006, 03:07 PM
send wife to me with Jeep.

Nope - keeping both. After 32+ years I am kind of use to her being around.

Drew

johnho
01-14-2006, 06:09 PM
great for both of you. I'll keep looking for one that gets scrap lead for me.

Flash
01-14-2006, 08:22 PM
The local tire shop here won't sell wheel weights since I'm not a licensed Haz-Mat hauler. Actually, I was informed that it is in federal violation to turn over any Hazardous Material for disposal to an unlicensed hauler. Further more, according to the local tire shop, he is cleared of any liability for improper disposal by using a licensed hauler. I don't know if this is a bunch of smoke and mirrors but it sounds convincing to me.

bisley45
01-14-2006, 08:32 PM
walmart told me the same thing

BorderBrewer
01-14-2006, 08:36 PM
I just turned in a month's worth of aluminum cans, glass bottles, and PET bottles and came home with 300 lbs. of wheel weights from our local recyclers. Ingot time. Life is good.

trk
01-14-2006, 09:41 PM
A few years ago I found 8-10 bars of linotype (28 lbs each) being sold as lead for making sinkers. $5 each. It was at a parking-lot/yard-sale site.

johnho
01-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh the gullible people (not on this site though). Ask those people who say lead requires a HazMat hauler to show you his disposal manifest. My guess is he won't have one for lead. He will for waste oil and antifreeze however. Look at an MSDS sheet for lead shot. I did a quick Google search and found one that said there is no regulation for air or road transport.

If lead needed such a thing he will provide you with documentation from the time he turned it over to the hauler to the time the lead is disposed of and supposedly properly "distroyed" as a hazardous waste. this is called a "cradle to grave" track. He would be required to have this proof or he remains responsible for the lead-assuming he is right which I strongly doubt.

mike in co
01-15-2006, 12:54 AM
The local tire shop here won't sell wheel weights since I'm not a licensed Haz-Mat hauler. Actually, I was informed that it is in federal violation to turn over any Hazardous Material for disposal to an unlicensed hauler. Further more, according to the local tire shop, he is cleared of any liability for improper disposal by using a licensed hauler. I don't know if this is a bunch of smoke and mirrors but it sounds convincing to me.

this is what they tell the tire shops to get them to PAY for removal, and keep them as captive customers.
bs