PDA

View Full Version : new dude

fordwannabe
01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Hello all, [I] am new having just joined tonight. I have a long history of reloading but haven't cast bullets in a decade or so. I have gotten my old pot and moulds out recently and have decided I need a way to have boolits for a select number of guns in ready supply. I have a couple 44 mags, several leverguns and a couple savages and some milsurp stuff. I might also be able to lay my hands on 1 or 2 or 6 or 10 shotguns...maybe! I am also into classic mustangs. I am sure that I lwill learn much here as I found it to be very informative right from the getgo. Ok I am here TEACH ME. Thanks Tom

jnovotny
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the board Tom. There is a welth of information here just for the asking. So ask away.

Boerrancher
01-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Welcome Tom,

I spent over 6 months reading the information here before I joined. I had been casting for nearly 30 years, and until I found this site I thought 1700 fps was a fast as you could push a cast boolit, and minute of paper plate was what I expected for accuracy. To me cast boolits were for nothing more than plinking and launching at coyotes as I run fence. This site opened up a new world for me, and I developed a new found respect for the accuracy and killing power of the cast boolit. I have gotten to the point were in many of my rifles I can shoot just as fast and more accurately with a cast boolit as I can with the copper clad ones.

Let me give you fair warning. If you hang out here too much like I did, you will end up wrapping paper patches around some of your castings, and you may even find yourself buying a few pounds of the Holy Black to play with. As I would master one game with one rifle, I would pick up another game for another rifle. It really does get to be habit forming.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

sav300
01-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Hmmm couple savages and some milsurp,very interesting :-)
Welcome Fordwannbe.

waco
01-24-2009, 02:46 AM
mustangs?..........old Chevelles is more like it!
welcome to the board!
lots to learn here, and we hope to get your input as well!
im serious about the cars though!........:kidding:
waco

dromia
01-24-2009, 03:39 AM
Welcome to Cast Boolits Tom. :-D:drinks::-D

You'll learn a lot here and some of it will be useful in helping you make load and shoot cast boolits. :mrgreen:

MtGun44
01-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Welcome aboard! This is the most real world experience-educated and polite location on the web.
If somebody here doesn't know the answer to your
questions (and maybe two or three different ones :-D ) I'll be very surpised.

Some real experts hang out here, I have learned a whole lot from them and
continue to find interesting new things on this site every day.

Bill