PDA

View Full Version : Midway sale

MTWeatherman
01-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Midway has just put more RCBs and Saeco moulds (and top puches) on sale in their inventory clearance. Of course, some of those RCBS moulds could be picked up for about the same price(or a bit less) at Midsouth. However, if you're planning on a mould purchase, you may want to check it out.

I hate to see it. This is the seond big clearance on their moulds in as many months. Midway used to have a large inventory of both RCBS and Saeco moulds and were one of the few discount outlets offering Saeco. Now, it appears, except for a few of their best sellers, Midway will offer most RCBS and Saeco moulds as a special order with a 30 day wait.

Buckshot
01-13-2006, 08:09 AM
....................Yep, I remember that Midway once stated they carried every mould that Saeco made. Regular production and special order.

http://www.fototime.com/0EC721E256DE02F/standard.jpg

This slug (on left, sized to .332") was a Saeco special order purchase through Midway maybe 7 years ago? It drops at 205grs and tapered to .336" on the base. It was listed as a "Schuetzen design". I bought it as a candidate to shoot in the M95 Steyr 8x56R.

I don't know if Saeco quit producing it or if Midway quit offering the special orders as it wasn't too long after that then it wasn't offered.

..................Buckshot