PDA

View Full Version : 44Mag loads in 44spec.

1Shirt
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Know that this issue like 357 in 38S has been, but I am looking for someone who has loaded for one of the Ruger Rifles with limited length for OAL seating. Am currently shooting the 310Lee GC, and 300 Oregon Trail (.431) and they shoot well. Loaded and shot some 255gr. Kieth, and as anyone who has shot them through a Ruger rifle, you have to crimp over the front band. They shoot ok, but look like hell to me. Therefor, would like to talk with someone who has tried the Kieth in 44S cases, and the load they used, and the plus/minus factors of same.
Am satisfied with what I have in the 300 & 310 for hunting loads, but would like to develop a decent soup can load with the Kieth. Will also presume )because I hate to assume don't ya know, that with spec brass there will be increased chamber fouling that would require more frequent cleaning. Anyhow, as always, I thank in advance all who respond to this thread.
1Shirt :coffeecom

felix
01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
1Shirt, do you like RanchDog's concept? Take a factory boolit and copy it into lead? Well, that is exactly what I did, and had Veral (LBT) copy the Speer 240 SP for me, but with a .310 nose instead. It looks like a squatted LFN. I wanted a longer distance capability with a 70 percent meplat, so a longer nose that just fits the ruger lever gun was what the doctor ordered and got. I shoot this boolit at full bore only, and it hits a beer can at any distance you can see one. ... felix