PDA

View Full Version : WTB roll crimp die for 30-30

Throckmorton
01-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I"ve perused some websites and it looks like I gotta buy a whole set to get a roll crimp die for cast bullets. Anybody know where to get one? or got one to sell?

Thanks for looking.

MGySgt
01-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Lyman will sell you just a seater/crimp or just a crimp die.

http://www.lymanproducts.com/

Drew

versifier
01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Wouldn't a Lee Factory Crimp do as good or better job for you? It does for me. I find that when roll crimping my .30-30 cases the case length is much more critical and I have to adjust the die for each batch, or those cases with slightly longer necks occasionally come out with partially collapsed shoulders. All cases are safely between max and trim-to length, but there is naturally some length variation between different batches as the number of firings and the load pressures differ for each. The FC die is much less demanding that way and will handle minor length variations with no trouble, so now I seat and crimp in two separate operations.

Throckmorton
01-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I"m specifically after a roll crimp die to use the ammo in a tube magazine,and the gullets hav a crimp groove for the roll crimp.
A Lee die will sork,but I have one and it's just not what I want .they work great on jacketed ammo though.

NVcurmudgeon
01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Throckmorton, as far as I know, almost every .30/30 die set has a built-in roll crimper in the seating die. If you already have a die set, there is nothing to buy. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is it that you have a Lee die set and they do not have crimping cababilities unless you have their Factory Crimp die?

P.S. I like your handle. The Great Guildersleeve lives!

Throckmorton
01-12-2006, 01:30 AM
The dies I have definately don't roll crimp.Roll crimps would not work well on jacketed bullets.IMHO anyway.
the ones I have 'flatten' the brass aginst the bullet, not roll it into the groove.
RCBS makes one,I'll call them and see if they'll sell it seperate...don't need the whole set.