PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Saeco molds

ddeaton
01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Where is the best place to order these? Midway shows no stock on some of the molds I want to pick up

deltaenterprizes
01-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Mid south Shooters Supply,Natchez , Graf & Sons

FN in MT
01-18-2009, 07:04 PM
And I think You will STILL find that most of them are out of stock or backordered. I've never understood WHY SAECO doesn't do a better job of marketing their moulds. I ordered a 3 cavity several months ago from MidSouth and after 3 months called and they had NO idea what happened to my order!?!?

You could also buy direct from SAECO. Which iis what I may do.

FN in MT

ddeaton
01-18-2009, 08:06 PM
And I think You will STILL find that most of them are out of stock or backordered. I've never understood WHY SAECO doesn't do a better job of marketing their moulds. I ordered a 3 cavity several months ago from MidSouth and after 3 months called and they had NO idea what happened to my order!?!?

You could also buy direct from SAECO. Which iis what I may do.

FN in MT

And Saeco is part of one of the big boys now, are they not? What is their website?

No_1
01-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Saeco is now part of the Redding line ( http://www.redding-reloading.com/pages/saecoprods.html ). I visited their display at the Shot Show and the only casting stuff on hand was 1 mould with handles attached and a hardness tester. I spoke with the rep on hand about our website and he smiled while listening to me but I got the feeling he really did not hear what I was saying. After my presentation he took my info and said he would pass it on. I did inquire if there was any Redding reps at the show that were on the casting side of the Redding house but he could not point me to anyone in particular. If that is their limit of dedication to the casting side of the house then maybe that explains why they are backordered....

Robert

MT Gianni
01-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I believe that Saeco/Redding only produces 4 cavity molds, 3 possibly, on order. No one has them in stock unless they have ordered them for a sale. When you order Graffs or whoever calls Saeco and they make it. The shooting sports have had a great run on items lately, many 2 cavity items are out of stock everywhere.

ktw
01-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Buffalo Arms carries them. I ordered one recently ( a single cavity) and they had it in stock.

-ktw

ddeaton
01-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I think I am going with Lyman, I dont want to buy molds from a company without interest. I realize they cater to where the $$ are, but why buy the company and not push the product?

MT Gianni
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
They didn't buy them last week. They have done this for over 10 years and it works for them. They do put out a quality product. Turn around time used to be 3 weeks from order to your door.

ddeaton
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
They didn't buy them last week. They have done this for over 10 years and it works for them. They do put out a quality product. Turn around time used to be 3 weeks from order to your door.

I guess I could give them a chance, gotta be quicker than a group buy from Lee