Special Pricing - No Further Discounts
Add to Cart Price: $9.99

................Buckshot

Char-Gar
01-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks..I went there and picked up 200

Jumptrap
01-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Uh...what's so great about $20 a hundred?

jballs918
01-12-2006, 03:22 AM
this is for 32 ws right. i looked it up under 32 ws and there was something different. tell me quickly before you all but it lol.

StarMetal
01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Jump,

I'll tell you what's so great about $20 per hundred....$30 per hundred.

Joe

Jumptrap
01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Maybe I am daft in the head, but the last I looked, 30-30 brass was somewhere in the $15 a hundred bracket and mostly, once fired 30-30 is free. One pass through the sizer die and it comes out magically formed into 32 Special. No, it doesn't have the headstamp replaced...but I'm not that anal about it. I have fed my 32 special on a diet of 30-30 brass from day one....so I have come to the conclusion that it works.

Jumptrap
01-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Maybe I am daft in the head, but the last I looked, 30-30 brass was somewhere in the $15 a hundred bracket and mostly, once fired 30-30 is free. One pass through the sizer die and it comes out magically formed into 32 Special. No, it doesn't have the headstamp replaced...but I'm not that anal about it. I have fed my 32 special on a diet of 30-30 brass from day one....so I have come to the conclusion that it works.

StarMetal
01-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Jump,

Nope, you're not daft...that's logical thinkin. Only thing that worries me is say I just pop off and die real quick and my guns and stuff get sold and some not so knowledgeable guy buys them and the brass stamping sure doesn't coinside with the chambering things could become screwed up and maybe dangerous instantly. Just a little nitpick of mine is all. At least with military brass made into different calibers there's not alot of info on the headstamp as to caliber, so that's a tad better. Take your 30-30 made into 32 and the gun gets sold like I said and the fellow that bought it may go out and buy a box of 30-30 and fire it and wonder why it doesn't shoot worth the hoot. In this case it's not a dangerous swap.

Joe

9.3X62AL
01-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Jumptrap can be a little daft on occasion--just not today, or on this subject.

Joe--I never gave a thought to what my nephews and daughters would do with my ammo or guns when I cash in my chips. There are a few "mis-marked" calibers out there, where headstamps don't agree with caliber. I suppose a letter of instruction should get drafted.......but, I think I'll just get it all shot up and let them load their own stuff. The nephews and the youngest daughter are pretty savvy, anyway.

sundog
01-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Nuthin' wrong with turdy-turdy brass, especially as Jump suggested - onceit farred for free - for .32 Win Spl. I've got a mix of .32 and .30-30. The 30-30 have a black band of permanent marker around the base - hey, at least it's something. Same with the '06 cases reformed to 7.7 Jap., and the .223 reformed to .222. sundog

onceabull
01-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Well, I tried my 32 spec.load.made up in reformed 30/30 carrying the RCBS 32-170 in 5 diff 30/30's this AM, and couldn't chamber them in any using what I defined as reasonable force.. fwiw, Onceabull

9.3X62AL
01-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Given the dimensional differences between the two calibers, I'm not too surprised to hear that. Kinda reassuring for those us with both chamberings in the gun safe and ammo locker (unlike me).

sundog
01-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Once, did you try to chamber the 30-30 round BEFORE doing anything to it? It should have fit. In fact you can fire 30-30 in 32 Winny although not recommended. If it fit as a 30-30 then it should fit when necked up....

One other thing. For awhile, don't know how it is now, because I haven't gotten any new cases in a loooong time, but one of the manufacturers was actually putting out .32 WS that was too long from the gitgo - had to be trimmed before first load. I had a bunch of it. sundog

onceabull
01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Sundog: I'm not sure I understand your ?----- ,if asking "did you try 32spec.empty case( reformed from 30/30) in 30/30 chamber" ,then answer is no...but think I could resize neck in situ with either bolt or lever with some effort.. firing 30/30 in 32 spec.rifles could be observed annually during the week before deer season when /where I was a "teener". can't say i ever heard of the same 'hunter"doing it two years in a row.!!! Onceabull

StarMetal
01-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Once...I think what Corky is asking is did you try the 30-30 cases in the 32 rifles BEFORE you did anything to them...that is size them up to 32.

Joe

sundog
01-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Yea, Joe, and Once. That's what I meant. Try the fired 30-30 brass in the 32 to see if will chamber. If it does, neck it up and before loading a charge and boolit in it, try to chamber it again. sundog

felix
01-12-2006, 06:01 PM
In fact, I think it was Beagle said he just shoots 30-30 brass, throws empties in a bucket, and resizes based upon need. Resize to 30-30 or to 32-30 from either 30-30 or 32-30. ... felix

MTWeatherman
01-12-2006, 06:08 PM
IMHO Firing 30-30 ammo in a .32 Special, had a lot to do with the .32 Specials reputation as a caliber that couldn't hit the "broadside of a barn" when the barrel was worn. I figure that when the gun was new, that 30-30 ammo could occasionally hit that"broadside". However, once the barrel became worn, it became tougher to do. (A partial joke there as I actually did hear of someone short of cash who knowingly used 30-30 ammo in a .32 Special...and collected a deer with it.)

I suspect mixing the ammo up isn't that unusual in parts of the country where the two calibers are common and it likely screwed up a lot of hunting trips. The 30-30 users couldn't chamber the .32 so they couldn't shoot...the .32 Special owners could shoot...but they missed.

I use necked up 30-30 brass in my .32 Special. Since I don't own a 30-30 it isn't any issue. However, if someone owns both, I can certainly see the advantage to a correct headstamp.

StarMetal
01-12-2006, 06:12 PM
MTweatherman

One of my high school buddie's son got himself a buck this one year. My best friend come upon them dragging the deer out and they stopped to talk. The son told my friend the dang rifle sure kicked really bad. Bob, my friend, noticed he had a 98 Mauser and asked what ammo you using in it. The boy reached in his pocket and a produced a couple 35 Remingtons!!!!!!!!!!! My God!!!!! Yeah, they will chamber, but can you imagine how long that bullet got swaged down to and to boot he got a buck with it. Good thing the 98 action is stout.

Joe

jballs918
01-12-2006, 07:32 PM
hey all you bums out there i just called grafs and they are out of the 32ws. well yet again a day late and a dollars short

MTWeatherman
01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Startmetal:

Interesting story...wonder how long the kid had been shooting .35 Rem rather than 8mm. Pressures must have been sky high to swage down to .32. Lucky kid...your high school buddy ever explain how the switched ammo happened?

Closest I've come to using the wrong ammuntion while hunting was trying to figure out how to hunt with the empty cases. The shooting bag had a box of empties waiting for reloading in it...without checking, I assumed it was loaded ammo. That happened once...years ago. It won't happen again.

StarMetal
01-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't think it had gone on long. My friend Bob straightened him out real fast.

Another interesting story that happen again with my friend Bob was he was going to one of his favorite deer hunting spots. Had parked his car and was walking up this field hill to an old apple orchard when BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM and a buck comes out of the woods, across that little bit of field, across the road, zip and gone. Bob doesn't load his rifle till he gets to his spot. Anyways here comes this old feller out of the woods cussing up a storm. Him and Bob finally meet. Bob said what happen. The old man explained he shot that deer five times and he said he knowed he hit him too. Bob noticed he was carrying a 98 Mauser (yeah again, Bob's like a Mauser magnet). So he said his old classic "What kind of ammo your using?". Old man shows him a hand full of 8x57's FULL METAL JACKETED!!!! Well Bob explained to him what probably had happen, enlightened him to the ammo regulations of the state of PA, then chewed his ass out because he said those dang thing go through trees better then softpoints and that he could have been shot since the firing was in the general direction. Yeah, Bob has seen alot of stuff like that.

Oh that 35 Remington, it's not really high pressure round, although the way it was fired in the wrong gun certainly elevated the pressure. Maybe with that and the strength of the Mauser saved that boy from serious harm. If I recall I think he said it knocked him down shooting it.

Joe

C1PNR
01-12-2006, 09:54 PM
According to UPS, my Graf order of 32 Spl brass, and other necessities, will be here tomorrow.

The reason I NOW buy 25-35, 30-30, and 32 Spl brass is that I recently bought a 30-30. For years I didn't have one and loaded both 25-35 and 32 Spl with resized 30-30, from the range and from gun shows.

But I have also picked up a rifle and a box of ammo and headed out the door, only to find out later the ammo didn't fit the rifle. In that particular case both rifle and ammo said .32, only one was .32 WCF and the other was .32 Spl. Boy, did I feel dumb!:???:

At least with the proper headstamp on the brass, I'll have a little less opportunity to mis-match.;)

floodgate
01-13-2006, 12:09 AM
MT and others:

"I suspect mixing the ammo up isn't that unusual in parts of the country where the two calibers are common and it likely screwed up a lot of hunting trips. The 30-30 users couldn't chamber the .32 so they couldn't shoot...the .32 Special owners could shoot...but they missed

If you think that is funny, imagine the poor hunter or sporting goods store clerk back a hundred years ago when the Remington Model 8 first came out with the rimless versions. They were ( friend has one) marked ".30-30 Rem." and / or ".25-35 Rem" - and one collector even has a few .30 Remington Rimless cases so-headstamped.

floodgate