PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers

MakeMineA10mm
01-12-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm driving with a buddy to CMP North store at Camp Perry, OH. on Tuesday and coming back on Wednesday after doing some shopping. Just saw the weather report! Whole trip, both ways, will be in snow and wind with single-digit temps...

:groner:

Bret4207
01-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Better direct your prayers to Al Gore.

Boerrancher
01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Now Bret, you know he only invented the internet not a machine that controls the weather.

MM10,

I understand fully what you will be going though, as I have to make a trip to the dog food plant in Mexico, MO and visit Graf's again while I am there. That is the only day that there is supposed to be bad weather.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

MakeMineA10mm
01-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Better direct your prayers to Al Gore.

C'mon Brett, I'm not a HEATHEN!!! (Besides, where's all his global warming??) [smilie=b:

Heavy lead
01-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Prayers sent, you need all the help you need around Lake Michigan and Lake Erie with an Alberta clipper flying through here.
With that said, wasn't it rumoured that the Japanese caused Katrina with their hurrcane machine to get back at us for Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Seems like there was a crackpot weatherman who started such a rumor? Or am I imagining things again?[smilie=f:

skeet1
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Where is global warming when you need it?

Skeet1

redneckdan
01-12-2009, 11:25 PM
I came back last friday from bozeman during that ice storm. Between Big Timber Montana and Fargo North Dakota I counted over 20 semi trucks in the ditch. Helluv'an ice storm it was.

waksupi
01-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I have a rule of thumb for winter storms and travel. If it ain't an emergency, it is best to not do it!

Echo
01-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Now Bret, you know he only invented the internet not a machine that controls the weather.

Well, Joe I happened to be the one that led the group that tested out the ARPANET (in early '70's) that grew into the Internet, and believe me, Al Gore had NOTHING to do with it!

Boerrancher
01-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Ed,

You don't have to explain that to me. I didn't claim that he did, He was the one that claimed he did.

MMA10, or anyone else for that matter,

I have never been to the CMP store at Camp Perry. What kinds of items do they have there and what are the prices like?

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

missionary5155
01-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Good morning I sure wish I was in Danville right now... I would stand out on the interstate with thumb extended and ride with you...
God go with you and keep you safe from the others who do not know HIM .
Mike

DonH
01-13-2009, 07:42 AM
With that said, wasn't it rumoured that the Japanese caused Katrina with their hurrcane machine to get back at us for Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Seems like there was a crackpot weatherman who started such a rumor? Or am I imagining things again?[smilie=f:

Nah- that was Bush's fault 'cause he wouldn't sign a treaty that would make us equal to third world countries.

Bret4207
01-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Well, Joe I happened to be the one that led the group that tested out the ARPANET (in early '70's) that grew into the Internet, and believe me, Al Gore had NOTHING to do with it!

But, but, but...but he said he invented it!!! You don't mean he'd, (gulp!), LIE do you?!?!?!?:kidding:

MakeMineA10mm
01-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, I decided discretion is the better part of valor.

Stayed home today and re-planning the trip for later, when weather is less likely to screw things up for us.

I got a message from the guy in charge of CMP and he said he couldn't promise they'd be open. He said that the County has closed the roads, preventing their employees from getting in, and that they've lost power, preventing them from processing orders, because they can't do the NICS check... We decided it wasn't worth a two-day trip, motel bill, gas, food, and fighting the weather, and not get to accomplish the mission. So....

We'll aim for later.

Missionary - when you back from your trip?? I'd be happy to take you along!

Boerranch - The NORTH store has a more limited selection than the South store. I'm guessing you've been to the CMP sales page? That shows what CMP overall has for sale. The difference at the stores are that you can actually look at the stuff and pick through for a (hopefully) nicer sample, or to get the stock/other features you're looking for.

The CMP auctions off all the special/rare stuff, so you're not going to score anything along those lines. BUT, the other nice thing about the stores is that they put out some desireable things that they don't have enough of to sell on the website in general and that is not worth auctioning off. For example, right now they have M-1 Garand barrels new in wrapper and some other stuff. I've heard a rumor that there are occassionally some Winchester Carbines put out on the shelves as well. They are low-grade, so they're not auctioning them. The main thing is getting to look through them for just what you want. (You get to pick your rifle instead of taking whatever was on top of the pile when they process your mail-in order.)

mike in co
01-13-2009, 11:14 AM
the advantage is getting to pick your own....the down side is you pay local sales tax....its a wash on rifle costs. now if picking up ammo...the savings is pretty good. and like they said, odds and ends to pick up.
was nice to pick out my own 1903-a3.

mike in co