PDA

View Full Version : Almost here

Jumptrap
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Well fellers, my birthday will soon be here...on January 25th. I'll be 48 years old. I was just wanting to remind all of you so you could figure out what you were going to send me for being a good boy during the last year. HAR!

Jumptrap
01-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Well, thanks a hell of a lot! I reckon that's what I get for pissin in your Cheerios. LOL.

It's okay, I expected the same thing I got last year anyway, and I don't have use for any more of that....so keep it. When you haven't got anything better to do, get it out and humor yourself. If you use it up, I'll send you some more on your birthday.

NVcurmudgeon
01-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Jumptrap, As crusty as you seem to be, and I use that term with the highest respect, nay admiration, I thought you were at least my age. Now I find out you are a mere pup of 48. Hell, son, I was voting before you were born! Many happy returns of your upcoming birthday.

waksupi
01-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Mark, I will be 52 on February 10. Always remember to respect your elders.

P Patcher
01-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I'll send you best wishes and thanks for all your posts that I enjoy reading so much. Wish I lived closer so I could get in on some the contraptions your always building.

Addison

JUMPTRAP FOR PRESIDENT

Jumptrap
01-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Now that is more like it. I was hoping to get my ass tore or at least get a rise out of you all:)!

Curmudgen, we tend to get crusty real fast where I come from. beagle sent me an email a day or three ago that said (more or less) in light of political correctness, that all hillbillys will now be referred to as Appalachian Americans. I found that more than appropriate!

1958 wasn't an especially good year. Chevy handed us that abomination for an automobile, just one year after introducing what has become an Americon icon. von Braun was trying to rig up a V2 rocket for us that actually worked after the Soviets spit in our eye with Sputnik. Ford came up the Edsel, which was later reincarnated as the Yugo. Howdy Doody was already in re-runs. I think Desi had already split from Lucy. I don't know of any classic westerns made that year. Elvis went in the Army. The Chrysler 300 went into hibernation (I think). Maybe the greeks and Turks rattled sabres that year and of course, I was born..HAR! Oh yeah, I think my pal Beagle was stocking shelves at a local A&P grocery store then and playing with his (tong) tool.

Bret4207
01-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Happy B-Day. Hope yer 'roids clear up, along with that nasty groin rash I hear I ya got. Didja ya get the racoon toupe' I sent ya last year?

BTW- mine was 12/30. All I got was tuna casserole.

wills
01-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Crusty being a euphemism? I figured Jump musta been in his 80’s to be that “crusty”.

felix
01-08-2006, 02:49 PM
around july 1958, postage went from 3 cents to 4 cents, a 33 percent increase! I was a junior in high school. ... felix

versifier
01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Jumptrap,
It wasn't that bad of a year. At least the two of us were born during it so it wasn't a total loss.... :violin:

Jumptrap
01-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Happy B-Day. Hope yer 'roids clear up, along with that nasty groin rash I hear I ya got. Didja ya get the racoon toupe' I sent ya last year?

BTW- mine was 12/30. All I got was tuna casserole.

roids...a royal PITA! Going to get them excised soon. I kinda like the crotch rot...keeps wimmin away. Was that a toupe? I thought that was Indian toilet paper..it sure worked better on one side than it did the other. I got tired of washing it and threw it away.

sundog
01-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Felix, funny you should mention that about the postage. While Mrs Sundog and I were having a midday manache (victuals for country folk), I said the same thing to grandson. Got a blank stare, like 'three cents????' It was a good for a laugh. Three centers were purple (Statue of Liberty), four centers were pinkish (???Roosevelt maybe???), and the penny stamps were green (Washington). I guess Jump ain't worth nothin' but a three cent stamp.... sundog

9.3X62AL
01-09-2006, 05:05 AM
Jumptrap--

A character like you needs some lead time to get his birthday correctly commemorated--less than three weeks to go, so we gotta pack all the good stuff into a mighty short time.

Now as for a gift.......I've got about 1/3 of a 1# coffee can of pot dross I could send. I was going to pound it flat and mail it back to the ACLU in their business reply envelopes--they keep sending applications. That has to be a gag by one of my cop buddies. If I confirm who my benefactor is, I'll send a stripper to his house that weighs about 375#. I could also include a Lee 45 caliber 500 grain rifle mold that casts at .452"--you might compress them into 454 Casull rounds, maybe. Don't mind the corvina tooth marks.

shooter2
01-09-2006, 11:33 AM
'58. I was just returning from Guam after spending 18 months trying to find the last two Japanese on the island. Never did find them, If memory serves, the last one turned himself in nearly twenty years later in 1976. I have your birthday shot of Irish whiskey, but you have to pick it up. Happy Birthday...

carpetman
01-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Shooter2---I was in Guam from 1980-1982 and while I was there they found a Japanese soldier that was still hiding out.

grumble
01-09-2006, 02:34 PM
I was on Guam as a dependent '60-'62. Right after we got back to the world, probably about '64, they captured a pair of holdout Jap soldiers. about 10-15 years ago, another Jap soldier was caught on one of the Phillipine islands. I think that was the last one captured or that surrendered.

There was an Army guy named Tweed that hid out on Guam for the duration of the Jap occupation, about 2.5 years. He wrote a book called "No Man Is an Island" that is a pretty good read. While on the island, I visited his "cave" hideout, which was little more than a crack in the corral and some corregated roofing as a cover. Lots of Guamanians were killed protecting him.

Scrounger
01-09-2006, 03:08 PM
I was on Guam as a dependent '60-'62. Right after we got back to the world, probably about '64, they captured a pair of holdout Jap soldiers. about 10-15 years ago, another Jap soldier was caught on one of the Phillipine islands. I think that was the last one captured or that surrendered.

There was an Army guy named Tweed that hid out on Guam for the duration of the Jap occupation, about 2.5 years. He wrote a book called "No Man Is an Island" that is a pretty good read. While on the island, I visited his "cave" hideout, which was little more than a crack in the corral and some corregated roofing as a cover. Lots of Guamanians were killed protecting him.

Didn't they make a movie about that too???

grumble
01-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Yep, there was a movie, but it didn't follow the book (or the truth) very closely. Made Tweed out to be a big hero, when in fact he was a scared GI eating bugs and hiding in the mud. His book didn't glamorize his survival very much, but he did gloss over a couple situations where the natives suffered for hiding him. Kids I went to school with, their parents knew him or of him, and thought he wasn't much of a hero. Nobody really blamed him, but John Wayne, he wasn't.

Scrounger
01-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah, well, movies... That was really being between a rock and a hard spot. Not much to look forward to if you don't surrender, and being shot or beheaded is probably the up side of surrendering to the japanese...

grumble
01-09-2006, 03:56 PM
If you count Iran as a "hard spot," we have GIs in that position right now. Between Iraq and a Hard Spot, that is. <GGG>

MT Gianni
01-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Here is to an early happy birthday Jump. As soon as I find the old Stevie Ray Vaughn 8 track I will PM for an address. Gianni.

Maineboy
01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Happy birfday, Jump, may it be a good un! My baby brother was born exactly 1 week before you were. He's a bit crusty too but I can live with that. What bothers me most is he's a Democrat and doesn't cast boolits because he fears health consequences. He'll tell you about it while he's eating junk food and complaining about his cholesterol level. We all got our quirks.

walltube
01-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Happy 48th, JT.

I have some poltically incorrect Post-Katrina humor for your B'day enjoyment if you wish.

Walltube.

P.S. 20+ yrs. your senior there yung'un. :)

Jumptrap
01-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Gianni, MB and WT,

HAR! I'm always ready for humor...bring it on. AS for the SRV tape...my 8 track player is as dead as he is. Gotta pray for them Democrats...they eventually grow up to be good republicans.

Blackwater
01-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Happy birthday, Mark, even if it is a bit early yet. No use wastin' time, though, so just to make ya' feel a mite better, I'moan lift my glass in a toast to ya'. Of course, I was gonna' lift it anyway, an' yer birthday just gives me a direction to lift it in, and an excuse to sip deeper.

I never knew I was 9 years older'n you! Just turnt 57 on new year's eve. I hope your birthday treats you better than mine has me, though. Been sick off'n on for two dang months! That kept me from shootin' a monster buck, I just KNOW it did!

You have a grand one, bro', and many happy returns.

Sure hated to hear about that toupee, though. You CAN teach an old hillbilly, though. It's makin' it TAKE that's th' HARD part! ;^)