PDA

View Full Version : 32-cal barrel for T/C Hawken wanted. Source?

Typecaster
01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
My dad has a project I'd like to get completed for his 98th birthday in April—

He wants a 32-cal. drop-in barrel for a T/C Hawken flinchlock. Percussion would be his second choice, as he has one of those as well, but he really likes the sparker.

The complication: it would be for round ball ONLY...so he wants a 1-60 twist, or 1-66.

Any suggestions for a source?

Thanks,

Richard

scb
01-11-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/productdetail.aspx?id=326493

ktw
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Track of the Wolf offers the GM drop-in replacement barrels. I have found them to be decent people to buy from.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(rbcep345o4haeqim05jcaf3g))/categories/tableList.aspx?catID=14&subID=142&styleID=491

The only one they list for 32 is 15/16", 28" 1:48, percussion. 1 in 48 is considered a slow, roundball twist in the small caliber sideock rifles.

-ktw

Typecaster
01-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks, all. (Gents, I assume)

Track of the Wolf didn't have 'em in stock, and said GM was doing military contract work and wouldn't give a firm production schedule. The company on the NMLRA website classifieds hasn't returned a phone call or e-mail, so I called Green Mountain direct, even though list price is a little higher than the others.

Barrels are in stock, so I'll order one tomorrow morning...then a Lee .311 RB mould, and have them shipped direct to him. I swapped the flint lock on his rifle with a percussion lock from one of mine. Somewhere I must have the cap lock he took off his...Lord knows, I have everything else from his house and mine....

His ultimate goal is to do "gallery" shooting in the basement...into a log section in the fireplace. Considering this is black powder he'll be shooting, this is an endeavor he wouldn't have tried a year ago when my mom was alive.

Best, all-y'all.

Richard

HBAR2989
01-16-2009, 06:19 PM
You might try the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi Ohio. They have about everything muzzle loader.

Beaverhunter2
01-16-2009, 07:00 PM
You might also have him try Triple 7 3FG for his inside work.. I use it in a .32 I made. It works well, cleans up fairly easy, and stinks a lot less.

John