PDA

View Full Version : Husquavarna Husky .30-06

robertbank
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Well I have posted before that 20 gr of 2400 or 17 gr f 4227 under my 311291 bullets will go inside 1/2" at 100 yards using my Weaver 4X scope.

Well Friday the weather turned half reasonable so the Judge and I went out to the range, pushed our vehicles through 4' of loose snow and set up our guns. We have a 8" disk hanging on a stand at a lasered 266 yards. My rifle is sighted in at 100 yards so I figured I would just hold over the disk and try my luck. The Judge was shooting his .30-338. He banged away with his jacketed loads and clanged the steel dead center ever time.

Now I figured I needed a 6" holdover and let go. "Twang" was the sound as my little pill found its mark. I managed to hit the disk five times out of 25 shots. Through the spotting scope the Judge would call out my misses either just high or just low.

All things considered, given I didn't want to adjust my scope I was pretty pleased. I am going to cast up some 311299 bullets and play with them now. Kind of got the bug to see what this rifle will do at longer ranges.

Take Care

Bob
ps Judge says he was impressed given I was lobbing my bullets at the target. He is a velocity/load nut:mrgreen:

NSP64
01-15-2009, 01:30 AM
I love to shoot longer ranges but my range is only 100 yrds. I have a Husqy in 270and love it.