PDA

View Full Version : Are sizer dies interchangeable?

firewalkerd1
01-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Gang, Came across several RCBS sizer dies at a steal, I hope. This is my question. Are sizer dies interchangeable with other presses? I haven’t purchased a sizer press yet. The more I read about the pros and cons of each press the more confused I get. Which ones other than a Star have drop through sizing? The star is a little above my finances at this time. I need to make a decision soon. Looks like a coin flip to me. The fever has hit. I hope I have this post in the right place.

sniper7369
01-11-2009, 02:28 AM
RCBS and Lyman sizer dies are interchangeable between the Lyman and RCBS Lubersizers.

mroliver77
01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
The dies work in Lyman or RCBS. I have a Lyman 450 I believe and it works well after alot of frustration. The plate on the bottom of the lube chamber did not seARE WHICH CAUSED THE LUBE SCREW SEAT TO LEAK. iT TOOK A WHILE TO FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM AND A COUPLE DIFERENT FIXES TO MAKE IT RIGHT. i FINNALLY LAPPED THE SCREW INTO THE SEAT AND NOW IT SEALS AND WORKS GREAT. tHE LINKAGE LEAVES SOMething to be desired. I am told the RCBS is a bit more robust but have no experience there.
J Sorry on the caps lock!

mooman76
01-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Lee is push through sizing too but it doesn't lube so lubing is done in a seperate operation and the sizer fits any standard press.

Blammer
01-11-2009, 05:50 PM
if it's a steal get em!

can always sell at your cost or more to get what you want, or trade into it.

but yea, rcbs and lyman sizers are interchangeable btween rcbs an lyman lubrisizers, as stated above.

Shiloh
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
SEACO lube/sizer dies are specific to their own machines.
I have assorted RCBS and Lyman for the 450.

Lyman sizers are about 1/2 the price of what SAECO and RCBS dies are.

Shiloh

HeavyMetal
01-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Do yourself a favor and save a few more dollars and buy the Star.

There is a video in the stickies section that Freakshow did with his Star.

Watch that and you'll understand my suggestion.

buck1
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
RCBS and Lyman sizer dies are interchangeable between the Lyman and RCBS Lubersizers.

YEP!:drinks: