PDA

View Full Version : Lengthening "Border Patrol"-style belt?

Naphtali
01-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I have two identical top-quality "Border Patrol"-style gun belts (2-1/4 wide x 36, lined, with five belt notches, no cartridge loops) that I like. Unfortunately, the belt design was discontinued several years ago.

I want to replace one belt's fastening strap with one two inches longer and two more holes -- to allow me to wear one of the belts over my parka. How difficult is this to do for a saddle maker or shoe repair shop, or holster maker?

Or does anyone have a comparable belt in size 38?

Pepe Ray
01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Locate a duplicate buckle. Have your leather worker create a temporary splicing piece. The military has them for standard pistol belts, no reason to not steal the idea. Then the belt is still usable in warm weather sizes.
Pepe Ray

The Double D
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
El Paso Saddlery stil sells the River belt pattern http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-94-28-150-river-belt.aspx

montana_charlie
01-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I want to replace one belt's fastening strap with one two inches longer and two more holes -- How difficult is this to do for a saddle maker or shoe repair shop, or holster maker?
The belt I wear is a 'Ranger" style, which has two billets sewn on the main strap. One has the holes, and the other holds the buckle.

The stitching in the billets always deteriorates and comes out...so I always end up restitching the billets with good waxed saddlemaker's thread.

Any leatherworker should be able to fabricate a new billet for you...one that is two inches longer, and has more holes...and stitch it on.

It's an easy job.

CM

TAWILDCATT
01-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I can see the buckle bet $150 for a belt my gosh.:coffee: [smilie=1: