PDA

View Full Version : Well,I need a propane burner,

madcaster
01-09-2009, 10:55 PM
No electric furnace now,and I need to cast some lead up for muzzleloaders..:coffee:
Does anyone have a link for the single burner that will attach to a 5 gallon tank using the new attachment?
Thank you,
Jeff

HeavyMetal
01-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Check Harbor Freight www.HarborFreightusa.com and do a name search for camp stove or propane burner.

I was in a store two days ago and saw the had both a dual burner and a single burner on sale, think the single was $20.00?? You'll have to set up a hose for it it had nothing but a threaded hose end on it!

cajun shooter
01-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Home Depot and Lowe's both sell them although thats in the South and your location may be different.

94Doug
01-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I think those may be a little big for just doing casting, more for smelting. Have you considered one of those that use the small tanks in them?

madcaster
01-11-2009, 11:26 AM
CajunShooter,
Believe me,I AM Southern!:coffeecom

C A Plater
01-11-2009, 11:49 AM
I use my old Coleman white gas stove to melt for casting where I have no electricity. I've got a RCBS cast iron pot and a thermometer to help keep the temperature somewhat stable. The same could be done with a propane camp stove just make sure you have a sturdy, steady base to work off of.

35 Whelen
01-11-2009, 12:46 PM
No electric furnace now,and I need to cast some lead up for muzzleloaders..:coffee:
Does anyone have a link for the single burner that will attach to a 5 gallon tank using the new attachment?
Thank you,
Jeff

I've used a Dual Fuel Coleman stove with gasoline for years. It's always worked fine, but I'd like to get something a bit hotter. Been watching Academy Sports and from time to time they put a burner and stand with hose/regulator on sale for $24.99. Or, the sell just the burner for $11.99 and a hose/regulator for $12.99 everyday, then you could build your own burner stand. Pretty cheap either way.

35W

afish4570
02-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Flat meplat is large and probably will cause feeding problems in Mod 94 356 Win. Model 94 Marlin microgrooved 357 questionable too. Any have any experience with this mold???afish4570

Mtman314
02-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Thank you,
Jeff

I got a three burner stove out of an RV camper with a 30 lb tank attached. I figured if push came to shove a piece of cast iron cookware would work out as a crucible. The old timers used to do it in tree stumps to process galena to lead or over campfires for ball. LOL, yes I know not to cook food afterwards. I'm not that new.

DanM
02-07-2009, 09:41 AM
A turkey frier/fish cooker is cheap and ideal for smelting....

orygun_native
02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Unless you can find a place that ships for free online, you may be better off to just buy from Home Depot or Lowe's. I borrow my sister's Amazon Prime account and get free two day shipping that way.

mooman76
02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Have you tried hooking it up. My grill and turkey frier bothe hook up to the new style and old style tanks. What about just getting a new or used regulator assuming you already have the burner. Check craigs list, they have about everything there.

mazo kid
02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Have you tried hooking it up. My grill and turkey frier both hook up to the new style and old style tanks. What about just getting a new or used regulator assuming you already have the burner. Check craigs list, they have about everything there.
I've pulled the regulators off a couple of burned out gas grills, they come in handy.

madcaster
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks Emery,I have a local fella on the lookout for discarded gas stoves,and a turkey cooker on loan that I am unsuccessfully tryng to buy from the owner.
JS