PDA

View Full Version : Lever 12 Ga.

Knarley
01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Have a lever 12 Ga.(China) that doesn't want to eject real well. Have tried a plethra of shell brands even solid brass, any tips?
Thanks,Knarley

August
01-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Yup, get hold of Lassiter and have him give you the full, SASS action job. He does amazing things to/with 87's.

StrawHat
01-10-2009, 09:04 AM
From what I have heard about those Chinese 1897s they all need to be gunsmithed before they will work smoothly or reliably.

Go to one of the CAS forums for recommendations for a smith.

cajun shooter
01-10-2009, 06:13 PM
That's not so Strawhat, We have a few shooters with stock ones that run just fine. I just ordered one from Coyote Cap. If you go to his web site and look up the 87, you will see that they are building a very good gun. The internal works are American as are the walnut stocks which are from Missouri. Cap has went to China several times to make sure this is a good product. They proof tested one at 43000 lbs and it still didn't blow. Please look at the info on the web site. These guns contain American products and are keeping some with jobs. In these hard times of today we don't want to put Americans out of work by saying a gun is bad. Knarley, you might want to give Cap a call. He's a CAS shooter and will help you. THe winter is a good time to send him a gun, as they are not as busy as when the Spring comes. My wait time on a new 87 with all of his bells and whistles is just 10 days right now. He will even polish the chamber if you are a BP shooter so that you don';t have extraction problems. Knarley, this could be your problem if you are shooting the "HOLY BLACK"