PDA

View Full Version : Your Fault, Now Live With It!

Gary Carter
01-06-2006, 11:19 AM
This site was suggested to me to try to find ideas for reloading for my .44 Bisley. Originally I was planning on using factory cast boolits, now after poking around here I have a pile of WW in my garage, thanks to the guy at the local Co-op that was thrilled to get rid of them, and no equipement yet to procees them. Now my wife I upset that I will be spending even more time in the shop, instead of with her. [smilie=p:

So you all will have to put up with me poking around and asking dumb questions while I get started, and accumulate equipement.

Lets see first I need a turkey fryer, think my neighbor stores his on his back porch...... [smilie=l:

sundog
01-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Gary, eventually your wife will get used to it. Sorta. In fact, it may even get to the point that she asks you if you're sure you don't have something to do in the shop. Don't worry, it'll all work out.

Okay, so you have a line on a turkey cooker - good. Now, you'll need a pot, spoon, dipper, and ingot pans. Let's see..., ah, the kitchen. SWMBO will never miss'em, trust me on this one. Well, looks like you're 'good to go'. Get your WWs cleaned up and report back. sundog

btw, I have a pair of Bisley's in .44. Like them kinda real well.

added: btw, make sure that the stuff you scrounge from the kitchen never goes back after it touches lead. Health reasons doncha know. And, that stuff you're gonna scrounge from the kitchen? Well, do it while SHE is out somewhere. Health reasons, doncha know?

bisley45
01-06-2006, 08:07 PM
they got you to I have been asking evryone I know to give me w-w and have been smelting and puting in ingots have about 130# done must get molds and stuff
I have a 45 acusport bisley
like those bisley

waksupi
01-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Gentlemen, may I introduce to the forum, my younger brother? Gary Carter, I claim with no misgivings. Hell of a good guy. And glad he is showing interest in advanced reloading.
I will also point out, he is a blacksmith, so his wife is accustomed to strange smells coming from the shop!

fatnhappy
01-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Gentlemen, may I introduce to the forum, my younger brother? Gary Carter, I claim with no misgivings. Hell of a good guy. And glad he is showing interest in advanced reloading.

Keep an eye on your equipment. My father used to take familial liberties with my ingots. ;-)

The Nyack Kid
01-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Aaaaah $hit there are TWO of EM !!!

welcome to the board Gary.

carpetman
01-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Welcome Gary---I bet Ric divulged more about your family tree than you would want public. How do you feel about sheep?

waksupi
01-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Since we live 1320 miles apart or so, won't be much borrowing. We just need to get our older brother interested, and we'd take over this joint!

sundog
01-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Ric, you gottahellofalotanerve addressing this forum as 'gentlemen'. I knows that I am one, but what about the others? Huh? Is that nothing more than an assumption of yern part? Nothing more than a mixed bag, and you be adraggin' in yern brudder.

So, Gary, if'n yer wife is accustomed to the strange odors eminating from the shop, just ..., well, you 'splain it to her.

Soooo, how's it compare, the odor that is? Horse hair and shoes compared to WWs? Think you got'er fooled?

You got that stuff from the kitchen yet? sundog

carpetman
01-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Waksupi clan taking over---hide the sheep.

NVcurmudgeon
01-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Welcome, Gary. I'm sure you will be able to deduct the standard 90% from your brother's wilder stories, or at least that's what my little brother does to me!

waksupi
01-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Corky, I realize that addressing this forum as gentlemen, I am taking liberties. But I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt. So, I apologise to any gentlemen who may be here by accident, who were unfairly dragged into the fray. And also, for anyone who may not be gentlemen. A couple of the gals come to mind, right off hand. Missus BS, and Marie might be offended, at being left out.
Ray, as far as sheep in Iowa, where Gary is, they are there in numbers, as they have theme parks, called ," A Taste of Texas". You may want to schedule your next vacation there. Date time, all the time! You'll like it, wink, wink, nod, nod! I'm sure you will especially enjoy the House of Ewes. Like the House of Mirrors, only "different'. Or should I say, peculiar and perverted? You'll never know what you are "getting into." Let me know when you get home. No pictures, please!

Frank46
01-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Gary, one very IMPORTANT thing to remember. DO not even think to five finger discount your wifes tupperware. There must be a genetic disposition between the fair sex and tupperware. This notice is brought to you in the interest of public safety. Frank

Bret4207
01-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Welcome Gary. I doubt you smell any worse than your brother. So which are you? The handsome brother or the smart one?

Gary Carter
01-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Welcome Gary. I doubt you smell any worse than your brother. So which are you? The handsome brother or the smart one?
Smart one of course, at least I haven't gotten kicked out of Iowa for putting the blue ribbon on the neighbors ram.

Gary Carter
01-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Gary, one very IMPORTANT thing to remember. DO not even think to five finger discount your wifes tupperware. There must be a genetic disposition between the fair sex and tupperware. This notice is brought to you in the interest of public safety. Frank
Tupperware is that a fancy name for ice cream buckets? I would get into worse hot water tampering with her cast iron than tupperware. I had to buy my own cast for camping, tupperware she don't really care about.

Bret4207
01-07-2006, 12:07 PM
What IS it with you guys and sheep? I'm gonna go count my flock and make sure nobodys eloped with one of my ewe's.

Shepherd2
01-07-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm headed out to feed the cattle. I think I'll come back the long way and check on the sheep.

waksupi
01-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Smart one of course, at least I haven't gotten kicked out of Iowa for putting the blue ribbon on the neighbors ram.

I only put that on there, so Gary would know which one was the boy sheep.

carpetman
01-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Tpr Brett---Which brother are you(Waksupis brother)the smart one or the handsome one? Both spots would be vacant,he could be either or even both.

Frank46
01-08-2006, 03:28 AM
Gary, tupperware is the plastic stuff that wimmin's get together to hold parties and sell more tupperware. As if my wife ain't got enough now. I took the safe route and bought a 8qt cast iron dutch oven to melt my ww's in. Much safer that way don't you know. Course I forgot to fill the propane cylinder the last time (CRS) and had to run out for the refill when she did crawfish. So now we have his and hers propane cylinders. Frank

Gary Carter
01-08-2006, 09:40 AM
That's one nice thing about being "broke as a road kill dogs hind leg" the fanciest plastic in the house is straight from Wally World. That stuff they avertise as through-away, if you try you can get a couple years out of it.

carpetman
01-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I cant afford Tupperware---but the clear plastic bottles that all sorts of stuff from shampoo to cooking oil comes in can be very useful. One idea is to cut the top off and then you can punch a couple holes in them so they hang on a pegboard hook and can be used for all sorts of stuff---use the clear so contents are visible.

shooter575
01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
I cant afford Tupperware---but the clear plastic bottles that all sorts of stuff from shampoo to cooking oil comes in can be very useful. One idea is to cut the top off and then you can punch a couple holes in them so they hang on a pegboard hook and can be used for all sorts of stuff---use the clear so contents are visible.

Clear is the only way to go.Iffin I can see whats inum I MAY be able to find it.Sometimes. Got the better half to keep a eye out for sales on those plastic womens shoe boxes.Be 4qt or 6qt size. Wheh they go on sale for buck to 1.25 I will bite. Also love plastic peanut butter jars.The plastic containers that dried fruit comes in.
Taint noth rong with being cheep!