PDA

View Full Version : 1885 creedmoor

golfbug
01-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I want to put a scope on my creedmoor---1 of 126--gunsmithcannot find mounts and base for gun---Does anyone know what is needed to mount the scope--hjh@iquest.net

EDK
01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Go over to shilohrifle.com/forums/ for help.

Go to montanavintagearms.com for their mounts and bases for their scopes...I've got their bases installed by SHILOH SHARPS on my 50/90 for the fast approaching day I have to have a scope. Drill and tap holes into the top flat of the octagon barrel.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

joeb33050
01-08-2009, 12:04 AM
What is the gun? Is it a Winchester 1885 High Wall? Why is it 1 of 126? If this is a rare original gun, don't drill any holes in it until you're REALLY sure you want to do that. If the barrel has a dovetail for a rear sight, I can show you how to mount a scope with no drilling.
joe b.

44man
01-08-2009, 09:54 AM
My Browning BPCR had drilled and tapped holes and Weaver makes bases. I don't know about the Creedmore, if it was drilled.
I found it would not shoot long range so I made a base that angles the scope down in the front.

August
01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Contact Buffalo Arms to get help with this situation. If you have a Browning Creedmore, it is already tapped for Browning Model 85 scope rings. If you want period correct scope mounts, you'll have to drill the barrel toward the front of the rifle. Since there is now a scoped category for BPCR, I suspect that drilling such holes will not affect the value negatively.