PDA

View Full Version : Graf's

cajun shooter
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I've been ordering from Graf's for a while now. They have a good stock and I always was treated very nice by the staff when making phone orders or when looking for information on a product. That was until I placed an order for powder on Dec. 18 2008. I was told because of the back log and them moving into a bigger building all orders were delayed 7-10 days. I said I understood and waited. On the 29th of Dec. I called and was told my order had been looked at. On the 2nd of Jan I wrote a e-mail about my order and why I would stop buying from Graf's. Today the 6th of Jan. I called and talked to a Jeff Knowles and he said he would look into it and call me back. Mike Graf, himself returned my call. He was very nice and said that everything had been a mess and that some how my order was lost in the system. He took time to talk about every day things and not just my order. It was if he was talking to a friend. He then told me that my order would go out today via Fed-Ex with "NO HAZE MAT FEES OR ANY OTHER CHARGE" Now how's that for service. The president of the company. I told him that what he was doing would keep me as a customer, not just the shipping charges but the personal call that shows they do care about the customers they have.

FN in MT
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
I've found GRAFS to be an honest Company with decent Custtomer Service. Lately their orders have probably been through the roof....so it's easy to make the occasional mistake.

FN in MT

handyrandyrc
01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
+1 for Graf's -- my favorite place to order from. The other place might be a little cheaper, but Graf's has flat shipping rates!

NVcurmudgeon
01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Graf's has been my favorite place to buy from for about four years. No surprises, no lies, no saying they have the items in stock and then back ordering. What a refreshing change after dealing with the "big outft" for twenty years and experiencing gradually worsening service.

Experience has taught me that when dealing with ANY mail order company to have a plan:
1. Decide how much your budget is.
2. Make a list with "need now" items at the top, up to your budgeted amount.
3. Add some "can wait until next time" items at the bottom.
4. Order by phone, never on line because things go better with real human beings.
5. If they are out of one of your "need now" items add a "can wait till next time" item. (In the long run tis will save on shipping.)
6. If you have a C&R license, send a copy to your favorite vendors. The dealer discount amounts to a little more than shipping charges at Graf's. Different companies have different discounts.

Uncle Jefro
01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Ain't it amazing how simple a phone call can straighten things out. In this fast pace world we live in this has become a thing of the past. Graf is one of my favorite vendors, and one of the few who will spend a few minutes on the phone with you. Yea they're behind and out of stock on alota stuff rigt now, but I'm a patient man. Thier flat rate shipping and house brand Schuetzen are hard to beat. Good to hear they worked it out.

Uncle Jefro
Relax:)Enjoy

colbyjack
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
+1 om grafs weve been set up with them for a year or so and they always come thru. -chris

Gunfixer
01-06-2009, 07:11 PM
+1 more for Graf's. I have used them for over 9 years. Lots of stuff thats hard to find elsewhere.

abunaitoo
01-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I've had two orders that I've had problems with.
First screw-up. They were out of stock on an item, but told me it was on order and should be arriving in a week. I back ordered it along with a bunch of other stuff and waited. Order total was $800+. Half the order came in a week. Everything but the back order came a few days later. Back order took five weeks to come in. Was charged shipping for all three shiments. Told them to send everything but the back order in one shipment. When I asked about the shipping mistake, all I got from them was "sorry".
Second screw-up. I ordered some Lee sizing dies sets. It seems that Alox cannot be shipped USPS. They said they could take the Alox out and ship it. I asked if I could get some kind of credit for the alox. Salesman said we'll ask the shipping department if a credit was possible. Never got any credit.
Just last week I made another order. They had a message on their web site saying they are back logged, and shipping may be delayed for up to two weeks. We'll see how long it takes.
Been ordering from Graf for about five years. Used to get my loading stuff from Midway untill their shipping rates went through the roof.
Overall I'm Ok with Graf. But, I've seen a decline in service over the last few years.

softpoint
01-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I've used several companies for shooting products. I've used Midsouth mainly for metallic reloading supplies, Wideners for bulk surplus stuff, Natchez for specials on scopes and rimfire ammo, occasional use Midway and Graf for things the others didn't have. I do once remember getting excellent service on a trim die from Graf. They didn't have it, so I thanked them and closed the order. A little while later they called me back and told me they had found the die in a different brand ( a brand that I didn't even know made the die) and asked if I would like to order it. Not many places would volunteer that service for a $20 trim die. Ihave always given Graf an A+ after that, though I still don't use them a lot....

leadman
01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
I've got an order from Graf's yesterday. When I placed it was told it would be 10 days to 2 weeks. Took 8 days. I'm a happy man!
If anyone needs (or wants) 25-35 Win. brass it is now in stock at several companies. This part of the order I just got.
From what I am told Winchester only makes a run of this once a year.