PDA

View Full Version : Beartooth Piledriver bullets

Naphtali
01-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Is Beartooth's Piledriver Jr 425-grain bullet made from LBT mold or LBT design? Is its nose shaped as tangential ogive?

Bret4207
01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't know who designed it, you could email Beartooth and see. Why do you ask?

BABore
01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Last time I talked with Marshall Stanton, he was making his own mold along with another fellow. Beartooth's boolit designs, alloy and lube are all top notch. You commonly have to wait a bit for your orde. The also carry a very good firelapping kit and manual.

cajun shooter
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
If you read his book, you will see that he is friends with Veral and therefore probably influenced by him and his work.

MT Gianni
01-06-2009, 10:09 AM
When Veral was "unavailable" for working his trade he & his wife claimed Beartooth plagerized his book and changed his bullet designs. I don't know how he feels about them now.
Reading his book you realize there is a lot more to an LBT design than a tangential ogive and a large meplate.

Bret4207
01-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Just for kicks someday find some pics of the old B+M moulds and see where Veral came up with his ground breaking design. Then take a look at some Cramer moulds and see where Veral came up with his sprue plate hold down. Verals a great machinist and has helped us understand a lot about fit, but I can't get into hero worship.

45 2.1
01-06-2009, 11:06 AM
When Veral was "unavailable" for working his trade he & his wife claimed Beartooth plagerized his book and changed his bullet designs. I don't know how he feels about them now.
Reading his book you realize there is a lot more to an LBT design than a tangential ogive and a large meplate.

Verals book wasn't exactly ground breaking material. Most of that information existed in various books, current and obsolete. Very little new material is available that hasn't been in print before.