PDA

View Full Version : 36 Double mold

Maxthompson
01-04-2006, 11:29 PM
I just got a brass 36 cal mold off Ebay, It's about six inches long. I'll bet I burn my fingers.

It's a cutie though.

Mike

Wayne Smith
01-05-2006, 08:11 AM
My hands get hot through welding gloves using those molds.

D.Mack
01-05-2006, 11:25 PM
I got one of those cute little things about thirty years ago, for a navt colt copy that didnt even have a name on it. It had one round ball and one conical cavity. I solved the heat problem by using metal tubing over the handle stubs, and wraping it with copper wire. Yeah it would still heat the handles , but a little water on the tubing worked till I could get enough lead poured for a shooting session or two. I managed to shoot that old gun till I wore out the alignment pins holes, drilled them out to a larger size, and replaced the pins to match the holes, wore them out again, and finally broke some internal parts I couldn't replace, (long before I ever heard of Nurmrich, or Gun Parts). Those brass frames just didn't last like steel. Any way about a year ago I gave it to a friend, who is still using it to turn out bullets for his army model , and is happy with it , ugly factor and all, DM

C1PNR
01-08-2006, 06:56 PM
I just got a brass 36 cal mold off Ebay, It's about six inches long. I'll bet I burn my fingers.

It's a cutie though.

Mike
Is that one of those 2 cavity with round ball and "picket" boolit? My Brother and I bought one of those a LONG time ago to feed our joint project 1851 Colt Navy.

I bought him out years ago, and went on to a better mold at about the same time. Hot hands has never been my favorite while casting![smilie=l: