PDA

View Full Version : Milsurp Distrbutors

kenjuudo
01-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I'd like everyones opinion on ditributors, who's grading is fairest, customer service, returns ect.

jim

Shepherd2
01-05-2006, 12:05 AM
The 2 that I've had the best luck with are AIM Surplus and Classic Arms. I've never had occasion to return anything to them but I'm sure they would take back anything that wasn't as advertised. I was missing a cleaning rod on a rifle from Classic so I called and had it in 2 days.

StarMetal
01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
I can tell you that Dennis, who owns and runs Empire Arms, grades the best there is. You can bet your money whatever he describes it as is exactly the way it will be. One thing tho, he's very expensive anymore. I've dealt with Aim and they are pretty good. So is Military Gun Supply in Texas. I've heard a few bad things about Inter Ordnance. SOG is ok so is SAMCO.

Joe

kenjuudo
01-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the imput, I've had limited experience with this mail order gun buying, ordered two described as very good, one is fine the other barely has lands in the barrel. It looks like returning the dog won't be a problem, but if a few more $$ will avoid the hassel it's worth it to me.

jim

KCSO
01-05-2006, 11:27 AM
FAC, Federal, Federal Arms ect.

Stay away from these guys. It is no coincidence that they change names every year.

SOG rifles are graded a little loose, but they will make it right with you if you complain.

Jerry's and Davidson's are good for new guns, but their surplus is from Century and they send what the box says and don't do their own grading.

Century Arms is where most of the surplus starts. They are interested in dealer orders only and really like 10 or more guns at a shot.

Zanders, Empire , Allen, J and G and others are more for the C and R crowd and their prices are higher than the primary distributors, but they do sell one gun at a time.