PDA

View Full Version : Got Boolits?

keeper89
01-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Been busy...............

Buckshot
01-04-2006, 04:23 AM
.................Those sure are beautimus. Pretty blue lube too. Are those Loverins the Lyman 311467's? You might be able to get away with half that amount of lube in them.

................Buckshot

keeper89
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Buckshot, those are 311467 dropped from an Ideal mold I have had since the 80's that was given to me when I lived down in Louisiana. The mold was used at the time I acquired it (sat for ten or fifteen years and came out at an estate sale) so I don't know how old it really is but it is marked Ideal......doesn't say Lyman on it anywhere. Actually this is an experimental batch and I really didn't know just how far to run the lube up the shank of the boolit.......simply because even though I have had the mold for 25 years this is the first run I have used it for!
By the by, I kept that set of blocks (and all my other iron blocks that I am not using for any length of time) stored in a plastic tub filled up with Marvel Mystery Oil....and sealed with the tub's lid. Yes I have to fish out the blocks and clean them but isn't that why god created brake cleaner? Anyway, the mold threw out some really nice boolits even though it is antique and had been in an oil bath longer than either of my children have been alive!!!!! Once the weather breaks and I can do some serious renge testing I will make a detailed report to the forum on these and also the 31141 that I have also ran a large batch of....Now I have to fire up the turkey fryer and smelt some more ingots since I didn't get enough done when I could do it outside--boy is the chief going to be hot over the stink coming from the basement.........well that won't be the first time she's been hot over the last 35 years....... [smilie=l:

buck1
01-04-2006, 10:30 PM
They sure perddddy..

Hang Fire
01-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Buckshot

Right on, the first thing I learned ablout that design, too much lube up front, and they become dirt magnets after loading, never had a problem of leading with less lube either.