PDA

View Full Version : This years take...

Ranch Dog
12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
I just haven't had a lot of time to visit but thought I would share what my hunting season has been like since the first of November...

http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/Hunting/2008/Michael_Whitetail.jpg
Whitetail - Marlin 336RC (32 Win Spl) - TLC323-170-RF

http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/Hunting/2008/Hog_TLC323.JPG
Feral Hog - Marlin 336RC (32 Win Spl) - TLC323-170-RF

http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/Hunting/2008/Fox_02.jpg
Fox - Marlin 375 - TLC379-235-RF
This fox ran out onto my range while I was sighting rifle in for mule deer hunt!

http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/Hunting/2008/Mule_Deer_01.jpg
Desert Mule Deer - Marlin 375 - TLC379-235-RF

http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/Hunting/2008/CG_Hog_01.jpg
Feral Hog - Marlin 375 - TLC379-235-RF

http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/Hunting/2008/Ariana_GP&Hog.JPG
Feral Hog - Marlin 1894P (44 Mag) - TLC432-300-RF
This is my granddaughter, Ariana, not scared of a thing... including this big nasty boar! Nor the pig either :p

I wish each of you guys at Cast Boolits a great New Year!

MT Gianni
12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
It looks like a great season though I only get the 1st Whitetail pic. This must mean that your wife is doing fine? Thanks, Gianni

crabo
12-31-2008, 01:55 AM
Only 1 pic showing..... don't be a tease

Bullshop
12-31-2008, 02:56 AM
That is some very nice looking wood in the butt of that Marlin.
BIC/BS

Ranch Dog
12-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Sorry about that. Got the images corrected.

When I bought the 336RC it had perfect, like new metal but a Ram-line stock on it. I bought it dirt cheap so bought new wood for it. My eye favors the short tube Marlins, but this rifle has been the easiest I own to get to shoot a cast bullet.

Gianni, thanks for asking about Dianna! She is doing great, still some issues but the doctors are still working her through them all.

EMC45
12-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Great pics!

JDL
12-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Sorry about that. Got the images corrected.

When I bought the 336RC it had perfect, like new metal but a Ram-line stock on it. I bought it dirt cheap so bought new wood for it. My eye favors the short tube Marlins, but this rifle has been the easiest I own to get to shoot a cast bullet.

Gianni, thanks for asking about Dianna! She is doing great, still some issues but the doctors are still working her through them all.

RD, Looks like you have had a good season. I'm with you on the short mag tubes and think the 24" A barrel make them look even better!
Glad Dianna is doing well, prayers are answered and I wish you all a Happy New Year.
JDL

dk17hmr
12-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Wait a minute....when are we going to see the TLC323-170-RF?

That is a very impressive season. I might have to move south so I can post pictures like that someday.

waksupi
12-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Looks like a good season, made better with gun bearer Ariana.

RugerFan
12-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Very nice!. Looks like you had a good year. Should be some nice BBQs ahead.

Wayne Dobbs
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Can life get any better? Great rifles, great place to live and hunt, wonderful family and beautiful grandkids!

A Happy and prosperous New Year's to you!

Ranch Dog
12-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Wait a minute....when are we going to see the TLC323-170-RF?

Ranch Dog's TLC323-170-RF for the 32WS (http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/TLC323170RF/)

Ranch Dog
12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Can life get any better? Great rifles, great place to live and hunt, wonderful family and beautiful grandkids!

That, my friend, says it all.

Bret4207
12-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Very glad to hear the update on Mrs RD! And your GD is a real cutie. Thanks for sharing, and a happy new year to all!

jack19512
12-31-2008, 06:03 PM
You had a much better hunting season than I did. :drinks:

Loudenboomer
12-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Congats on the great season Michael! Like the rest looks like the new 32 is going to be a dandy.

01-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Wonderful. Good hunting. So glad to hear about your wife.

NSP64
01-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Good haul. I see you have some marlins on GB. After reading your post I started surfing for marlins(I like the pistol grip better than the straight stock of the Winchesters. Did you see the 4 digit SN 32 special listed on there[smilie=1:

P.S I wouldn't have known It was you except for the grin and location.

largom
01-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Looks like you had a good season. The news on your wife is terrific.
Will be contacting you for some molds after my S.S. check arrives.
LARRY

Lloyd Smale
01-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I like the last picture. cute little granddaughter you have there pal.

MtJerry
01-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Very cool pictures! Looks like a complete season!

And a cute granddaughter to boot. Thanks for sharing!

6pt-sika
01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Congrats on a very nice season !

And Happy New Year :drinks:

jnovotny
01-01-2009, 10:28 PM
What a great season, nice job and congrats!

Ranch Dog
01-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I really appreciate your comments and the well wishes for Dianna. She gave me a scare on the 1st day of the year as she ended up in the ER. Her condition let us know it was still and always present so please keep her in prayer this year. Hope fully we got the worst over for the year!

While I'm at it... Please remember Richard Purcell and Carol Hogarty in prayer. I'm not sure what Richards Username is here but he is a great fellow that spends more than his fair share of time in the ER. Richard can keep you entertained as he loves guns, shooting, and hunting. Carol is Steelbanger's wife and she is working through chemo treatments. It has been a tough while for the Steelbanger's and honestly Carol didn't know if she would be here to celebrate the Christmas season. Because of her foresight and love for her husband, she bought Steelbanger a 444P earlier in the year so he wouldn't go without a Christmas gift from her if she wasn't here to tend to business. As he related his Christmas story to me I pictured the young man in "Christmas Story" unwrapping his bb gun! Please keep these folks in prayer also as it is much appreciated and needed.

6pt-sika
01-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I really appreciate your comments and the well wishes for Dianna. She gave me a scare on the 1st day of the year as she ended up in the ER. Her condition let us know it was still and always present so please keep her in prayer this year. Hope fully we got the worst over for the year!

While I'm at it... Please remember Richard Purcell and Carol Hogarty in prayer. I'm not sure what Richards Username is here but he is a great fellow that spends more than his fair share of time in the ER. Richard can keep you entertained as he loves guns, shooting, and hunting. Carol is Steelbanger's wife and she is working through chemo treatments. It has been a tough while for the Steelbanger's and honestly Carol didn't know if she would be here to celebrate the Christmas season. Because of her foresight and love for her husband, she bought Steelbanger a 444P earlier in the year so he wouldn't go without a Christmas gift from her if she wasn't here to tend to business. As he related his Christmas story to me I pictured the young man in "Christmas Story" unwrapping his bb gun! Please keep these folks in prayer also as it is much appreciated and needed.

Hope all goes well with you both for the rest of the year and your lives !

I know you are aware that the M.J. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the best in the USA ! So you should be able to get some of the best help very close to you !
My mom and 3 or 4 others I know from central Virginia have been there for treatments and second opinions ! My mom went there after she had been fighting cancer for the third time and the doctors at the Martha Jefferson hospital here in Charlottesville had run out of ideas so to speak !
My mom is still fighting cancer and it's been going on for 5 years now ! She is also 72 years old and you can see it's affect ! However she has a very very positive attitude and many folks that pray for her . And so far it's worked to her benefit !

So then best wishes and prayers to you , Dianna , Richard , Steelbanger and Mrs.Steelbanger !

Jim
01-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Way to go, RD! Ya' done good.