PDA

View Full Version : Another deer for CarpetMan's Grandson

Scrounger
01-03-2006, 12:51 AM
The kid got another. If he starts in on cats like he is on deer, they'll soon be on the Endangered Species List. That's his girlfriend in one of the pictures. I'm glad to see she has only two legs...

waksupi
01-03-2006, 01:11 AM
She must not have met her prospective father in law yet.

Beau Cassidy
01-03-2006, 08:13 AM
That's his girlfriend in one of the pictures. I'm glad to see she has only two legs...

You must mean it's the boy's girlfriend. Everybody knows sheep have 4 legs.

carpetman
01-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Once again Scrounger--Thanks for posting the picture. The girl is interested in hunting and I was remiss in not taking them to the range to teach her to shoot. She does not seem bothered by any of the hunting process to include the gutting,skinning etc. Her step dad is a Navy Chief assigned here,but is leaving before next deer season. Grandson is old hat at deer hunting and does it all from the shooting to the freezer and mounting the rack---regular style or European mount. He likes the Win88 in .308 I gave him. He also likes the Bausch and Lomb ww2 Navy binoculars I gave him. He shot the Win88 at a can twice and one deer required a second finishing shot in the neck---has shot it 6 times and 3 deer. This deer dropped in tracks and other two went about 100 feet.