PDA

View Full Version : lube mould at Dollar Tree

Newtire
12-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't know if this is the place to post this but I found a cheap lube block mould. It's one of those little silicone(?) cookware pans that's all loose & floppy like rubber. Says it withstands up to 400º or so.

Made a couple of batches of Felix Lube and poured it into these things. When it cooled off, I just peeled off the little pan & there sits a nice shiny smooth block of lube all ready to melt and pour into the lubrisizer. Best thing is the price=$1.00 each.

Will go make a few more batches up to last me the rest of this decade and the next since I have a little time off this holiday season.

opentop
12-30-2008, 02:11 PM
pictures man, pictures.............., so at least I know what to look for, LOL

Newtire
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
pictures man, pictures.............., so at least I know what to look for, LOL

Here ya go..

lungbuster1
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Awsome I have been looking every were for this stuff ( well I guess not everywere it looks like )

runfiverun
12-30-2008, 08:29 PM
you have to pick it up and wrinkle it some to recognize it. if you just look at it, it looks somewhat like plastic.

docone31
12-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Most grocery stores have them in the baking section. I use a silicone rubber muffin mold. They just pop out. I love em.

carpetman
12-30-2008, 09:59 PM
If you can find a metal coffe can, you can cook felix lube in it and when done put the lid on for a storage container.

shotman
12-31-2008, 03:08 AM
carpetman. Aint that the truth. Folger come out with the plastic and Maxwell house said they would NEVER do that to coffee. That lasted about 3 months. Last time I was at Sam's they were metal

Newtire
12-31-2008, 11:25 AM
If you can find a metal coffe can, you can cook felix lube in it and when done put the lid on for a storage container.

Good Idea!

mroliver77
12-31-2008, 12:16 PM

I dont even like coffee but drink it to get the empty cans! Hard to use the plastic cans as a lead preheat container :(
They sure are handy for brass storage though. :)
J