PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Lube Sizer Rx

monadnock#5
12-28-2008, 04:09 PM
About 6 months ago I started my "Buckshot Single Point Workbench" project. For all intents and purposes it's about done. It took a long time, but I had plenty of ammo in stock. Now I can replenish my cupboard and get back to experimenting.

During the course of putting it all together, I mounted a steel electrical box and outlet connected to the cheapest dimmer switch I could find at Home Depot.

Night before last I mounted my Lyman sizer, plugged in the heater, set it up for .45ACP and within an hour and a half (includes warm-up time!) had 100 boolits lubed. The boolits were NEI BBTRC. I placed a wafer of styrofoam in the size die as per Dale Clawson and so was able to keep the bases clean with no volcanic lube eruptions. All this at an ambient room temp of about ±58°F (we don't like heating bills, and the wife has her nest set up next to the wood stove) which turns even 50/50 to stone.

So, Buckshot, Dale and temp controlled lube heater advocates, Thank You! And a Happy and Prosperous New Year to All. Remember, it's the thought that counts!! [smilie=1: