PDA

View Full Version : WTB--need a part - redding #3 powder measure

Sam Sackett
02-04-2021, 10:36 AM
Guys, I need a part for one of my oldest Redding #3 powder measures. I need the outer part of the calibration micrometer barrel (& screw if possible). I also need the tube, cap, tube screws and the powder funnel, but I can get those from various vendors. I don't want to spend the monies for those other parts until I can find a replacement micrometer barrel.

Does anyone have one of these laying around, unused, maybe even in bad condition that still has the micrometer barrel? This is the oldest style brown unit, I think some of the early green units may be the same, but the recent units are different. I called Redding and they say I'm out of luck. They don't make nor support these old units anymore...IF there's anything out there, let me know. I'd like to resurrect this old girl. I have an identical unit that I dearly love, as it throws spot on once it's set.

If I can't find one, I'll try to make something. Don't have a lathe, so it will probably have to be a jury rig, but at least I want to get to where I can use this powder measure.

Appreciate your time and welcome comments.

Sam Sackett

LeadHead72
02-04-2021, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure I have a spare complete micrometer assembly. Send me a PM with your email address so I can send you a picture or two.

Shawlerbrook
02-04-2021, 11:12 AM
If Lead can’t help, contact Redding.

Sam Sackett
02-04-2021, 11:28 AM
Already called Redding - a couple of times a few months apart trying to get the answer I wanted. Didn't get it.. Every one I spoke with said "NODDA".. Too old and not supported.. Didn't even have some stuck in the back.... Yadda Yadddda.. I just hate to give up on a good powder measure.

Sam Sackett

Sam Sackett
02-06-2021, 08:24 PM
Found my part. Thanks to all who responded.

Post closed.

Sam Sackett