PDA

View Full Version : WTS: FN Supreme Mauser 98 rifle - .270 Win. - Firearms International Musketeer

LEADLUBBER
01-31-2021, 02:06 AM
SALE PENDING

Greetings Team,

I was thinking about using this beautiful FN Supreme rifle for a custom build.

After speaking to others here on this forum and weighing my options, I have decided that this is too nice of a rifle to piece out to make a custom build, as well as needing the money to pay for medical expenses. These were imported and pieced together by Firearms International from the early 60's to the low 70's.

Features of this Firearms International Musketeer:

1. FN Supreme commercial action - Made in Belgium, Large Ring, drilled and tapped, full side frame (no thumb cutout for loading stripper clips) - Bluing on the receiver is excellent overall, with no marks visible above the stock line. There is a very minor amount of tiny rust pitting near where the barrel's shoulder buts up to the receiver on the bottom side that cannot be seen when assembled, and isn't overly offensive when out of the stock. The bolt works super slick and smooth, and I have fully disassembled and cleaned all the old oil out of and off all the parts. The angle of the bolt handle is very nice and clears large scope eyepieces. I will include the correct weaver scope mount bases with the rifle.

2. Has a nice, fully-adjustable trigger mechanism already installed. Most of these were listed that they included a Sako finland adjustable trigger mechanism, but I am not sure who made this trigger. It does look very high quality and works well.

3. Aluminum hinged floorplate, mag box, and triggerguard assembly (all-in-one) is in good shape overall with only very minor hazing of the annodizing.

4. Walnut Monte-carlo-style stock is in good serviceable condition overall, with some minor scratches and small marks. The stock cheek-riser is very nice in that it gives your eye an excellent alignment to a scope. There is one chip/nick of wood out of the buttstock near the buttplate, and it could be filled properly and fixed nicely, or just fit a thick buttpad instead and cut the stock off 3/8 of an inch to take care of the chip. This was my plan if I keep the rifle. There are two 1 inch metal loops for the sling mount on the stock.

5. The barrel has areas with some very minor and odd marks, likely handling rash from a fence or thorns. It isn't a solid rash of rust, just some light marks. I will try my best to picture this. The rifling is strong, bright, and rust free. This barrel is the fully smooth one that has no open sights, for scoped use only.

SALE PENDING - I can send this via USPS Priority to an FFL of your choice.

Funds will go to help pay for recent medical bills for myself and what my stepson has incurred that insurance will not cover.

Thanks in advance to all here for their kindness

LEADLUBBER
02-01-2021, 12:09 AM
Trying to get more pics to load...

I have a ton on my phone that I just emailed to two members.

If anyone wants pics, I have a bunch I can send to your email, just send me a PM.

fivegunner
02-01-2021, 11:05 AM
could I ask , what state are you in???

LEADLUBBER
02-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Sure! I am here in Colorado, near Denver

LEADLUBBER
02-02-2021, 12:11 AM
sale pending

mortyg
02-02-2021, 06:16 PM
I'll take it, as per our PMs and emails. :-P