PDA

View Full Version : Seaco Utility Electric Melting Furnace

VintageRifle
12-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello,

I came across an old Saeco Utility Electric Melting Furnace 20lb pot 1000 watts. There is no thermostat to control temperature. Would this be a good pot and what would be a fair price to ask for it?

VintageRifle
12-20-2008, 03:35 PM
please delete duplicate thread

Bret4207
12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
All of SAECOs stuff is top notch. The lack of a thermostat wouldn't bother me, but I like frosty boolits anyway. For a 20 lb pot, if it's in good cosmetic and mechanical shape, I'd think $50-65.00.

Le Loup Solitaire
12-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Seasons Greetings. I have the Saeco 20 pounder except mine has the auto thermostat. Both were produced and sold in the same time period. Both are of excellent quality and were real beasts for doing a lot of hard work, either smelting or casting. Mine is still going strong and I use it for smelting wheelweights or for casting with gang molds using an H&G dipper. It has to have its bottom cleaned periodically as a lot of slag accumulates there. when not in use I keep all of the exposed cast and other iron wiped down with an oily cloth to avoid rusting. So it stinks a bit on heat up. I would estimate the worth of either model to be $75-150 depending on who knows the reputation and appreciates the good quality of either model. Hang on to it as you won't find anything modern to match it. LLS