PDA

View Full Version : 310 Die Numbers?

Mack Heath
12-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Folks,

I friend fell into a whole bunch of 310 dies along with the tool. However, the dies have no cartridge indentifying info. Do any of you have a list of die numbers and the cartridges they go to? There should be a chart to table somewhere that lists all of the ones Lyman made in the past, no?

Thanks for your time.

Mack Heath

woody1
12-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Folks,

I friend fell into a whole bunch of 310 dies along with the tool. However, the dies have no cartridge indentifying info. Do any of you have a list of die numbers and the cartridges they go to? There should be a chart to table somewhere that lists all of the ones Lyman made in the past, no?

Thanks for your time.

Mack Heath

PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you the Ideal Quick Reference chart from an old Lyman Handbook. There's enough interest in these charts they should be somewhere on site. Mebe they are and I haven't seen it? Regards, Woody

Green Frog
12-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Several years ago I compiled a list of the Lyman/Ideal "code numbers" and published them in the Single Shot Rifle Journal. I think I may still have it as an attachment that I can e-mail. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll shoot one out to you through the ethric.

Froggie

KCSO
12-19-2008, 10:50 AM
I have an old Ideal catalog with all the die numbers in it, I will try and copy that page and post it here next week.

scrapcan
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
mack heath

send me a pm and I will forward info on the die numbering system. I was blessed with several individuals doing the same for me. One is Floodgate, the other was Randy Davis. Both individuals can be found on the Antique Relaoding Tool Collectors Association forum.

Green Frog
12-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Randy Davis and I have swapped info back and forth several times in the making of our lists. Be aware that no single issue of the Ideal Handbook ever listed ALL of the numbers as they were constantly being added or discontinued over the years. Unfortunately, there were even a couple of numbers that came and went so quickly that I haven't been able to identify them (and at last report, neither had Randy.) Even more unfortunately, there were even a couple of numbers that got used twice... I'm glad that wasn't a common occurrence! Anyway, my offer for a list (and a copy of the article if you so desire) still goes to anyone so inclined. The price is right, and I only ask that if you can fill in any of my "blanks" after you get the list, you will e-mail that information to me to add to my own list.

Merry Christmas!
Green Frog

jim smith
12-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Randy Davis and I have swapped info back and forth several times in the making of our lists. Be aware that no single issue of the Ideal Handbook ever listed ALL of the numbers as they were constantly being added or discontinued over the years. Unfortunately, there were even a couple of numbers that came and went so quickly that I haven't been able to identify them (and at last report, neither had Randy.) Even more unfortunately, there were even a couple of numbers that got used twice... I'm glad that wasn't a common occurrence! Anyway, my offer for a list (and a copy of the article if you so desire) still goes to anyone so inclined. The price is right, and I only ask that if you can fill in any of my "blanks" after you get the list, you will e-mail that information to me to add to my own list.

Merry Christmas!
Green Frog

Hi Charlie. Met you at the Brushy Mtn. shoot last June. Couldn't make the Sept. shoot- was preparing for NSSA Fall Natls.-but plan to attend June,2009. I'd like to take you up on your offer of your 310 Die List. I've had numerous old dies for years and used your ASSRA Journal list to identify what I had. I have a old Tru-Line Sr. tool which I use primarily for sizing NSSA type bullets and three lyman All American presses with accouterments. Recently I aquired two Tru-Line Jrs and found another use for my 310 dies and Lyman stuff. It's fun playing with er-using these neat little tools. If you have an updated copy of information pertaining to any of these unique tools, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and a merry Christmas to you. jim smith <jsmith153@cox.net>

Green Frog
12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I've changed computers since I wrote that article, and now I have to transfer the data in the old list to a new form in a current list. To Jim and the two who PM'ed me, I should have the transfer done in the next couple of days... I was using my hard copy of it and didn't think about the electronic complications. :(

Froggie

Green Frog
01-03-2009, 06:34 PM
OK, I finally got off my duff and converted the charts to a user-friendly Word(tm) document format. I have e-mailed copies to everyone who sent me an e-mail address and request. If anyone still didn't get one that wants it, please contact me at <gfrog53ATyahooDOTcom> and I will send one out to you. As before, please let me know if you can fill in any of the blanks that I still suffer.

Regards,
Froggie

TAWILDCATT
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I called lyman and they photo copied the info and sent it to me.no charge
:coffee: [smilie=1: :Fire:.

Green Frog
01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I called lyman and they photo copied the info and sent it to me.no charge
:coffee: [smilie=1: :Fire:.

Did their photocopy include all 170+ of the numbers in the series? I would be most interested to see that list as I haven't been able to get a lot of those numbers ID'ed from anyone including Lyman. Who should I contact @ Lyman?

Froggie