PDA

View Full Version : 1001 Uses For Bullplate Lube

No_1
12-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I thought I would start a thread where we can tell what uses we have found for Bullshop's Bullplate lube.

I have used it on steel moulds as well as aluminum moulds

AND

I use it on the expander ball of my dies. It has proven itself extremely useful in my re-forming mil-sup 308 into 358's for my .356 Rimless project. I was getting split necks on a few of the cases then I saw Bullplate sitting on the bench. I pulled the expander ball, put 2 coats on it, let it dry then re-installed it. My sizing was much easier after that and I had no more split necks.

Robert

fatnhappy
12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I use it to get rid of warts.

Seriously.

I treated the sprue plate of my 311290, fired up my lyman pot and the smell made my sister in law go away.
It might have been me though. I have to run a more empirical experiment.

Bullshop
12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Inlaw repellent ya say, hmmmm I gotta raise the price. When this news gets out sales will surge.
Might as well add to the thread while I am here. We use it for swage lube swaging jacketed bullets.
How bout an odd use, we use it on our wood stove door hinges and intake adjusters.
BIC/BS

Shiloh
12-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Hemorrhoids. Preparation Bullplate.

Shiloh

oneokie
12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Use on the temp adjusting screw of a Saeco #24 pot.

Forester
12-17-2008, 09:31 PM
I gotta get some of that stuff...:Fire:

shooter93
12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Dean......you need some serious help....smiles

dale2242
12-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Preperation Bullplate. WOW Gotta get me some.---dale

No_1
12-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Gents,

Those are funny uses but I was hoping for some serious stuff.

R.

MT Gianni
12-18-2008, 10:24 AM
I used a partial bottle to coat the top of my casting bench and part of the floor.
It is used also as a penetrating fluid and small part lube.

randyrat
12-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Friend of mine uses a combination of it and beeswax for cutting sheet tin on his saw blades...he does a lot of metal work/fabrication. it cuts the friction and heat down. I don't recall the recipe.

SharpsShooter
12-18-2008, 11:28 AM
I use it for its intended purpose and case sizing as well. I ran out of Hornady one shot case lube one evening while working on a batch of 45-70's and it was sitting on the shelf at the bench. I just put a drop on my index finger and thumb of my left hand and set the case in the shell holder and give it a little spin near the case mouth. It works dandy and I haven't bought anything else since.

SS

Bullshop
12-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Gianni
Ya might want to wear your calk boots when working on that part of the floor now, safty first!
BIC/BS

Red River Rick
12-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I coat the mother-in-laws broom with it..........................better aerodynamics.

RRR

Hardcast416taylor
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Haven`t had a car door freeze since I put a bit on the moving parts of the latch. I confess it wasn`t my bottle of Bullplate. I will be ordering some now! I like the broom application, helps get her off the driveway for her return flight! [smilie=1: Robert

Blammer
12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
IF your SIL is gay, the repellent qualities won't work.

but really.

I spilled some in some melted beeswax I was making for lube and so far so good.

Buckshot
12-19-2008, 04:20 AM
.............The neighbor's son came over the other day since I had my garage door open. He's a nice kid. I saw he had a hicky and asked him if he fell on his neck. I don't know why people with hickeys get all embarassed if you mention it?

I suggested that I had some stuff (Bullplate Lube) that might make it go away since he seemed suddenly rather bothered by it (when I mentioned falling down, his hand shot up to it like he'd been snake bit).

He declined my offer and soon departed, as I think he was suddenly self conscience?

I had hoped to offer the fact that it WOULD remove hickys, but am without a test subject, so no soap.

..................Buckshot

mikenbarb
12-19-2008, 09:39 PM
It worked great on the sticky wood windows in my man cave. Its so far lasted about a month and a half with no stuck window. I also used it on the door hinges while I was at it.:-D

No_1
01-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Just found another use for the stuff. I noticed my mould handles had a little drag in them so I took them apart to see if there was a burr. I found no burr but noticed the bottle of bull plate lube just sitting there. I coated all surfaces, let it sit for a few moments then re-assembled it. It's movement was noticeably smoother immediately. I took apart 4 more handles, treated them and came up with the same results. I guess tomorrow I will do all of them. Speaking with FatnHappy tonight I learned he has done it also but figured he would not post the obvious.....

Anymore good ideas?

Robert

Bullshop
01-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Yessir I diud! Just yesterday while searching for some trade goods I found a Lyman 452360 double cavity mold I didnt know I had. It has one cavity HP'ed So to ring in the new year proper I fired up the pot and got after it.
I have been lubeing my HP pins for a long time with bullplate so thats nothing new.
Now with this mold with the cav on the far side with the HP I found that each cast would run over and stick to the wood pin handle burning it. You got it, wipe some bullplate on the handle and the lead just bounces off. If it dont stick and sit there it dont burn the handle. No biggie really burnt handles it just dont look real nice and I may want to sell it someday and all burnt looking may not bring them big ebay bucks.
BIC/BS

Calamity Jake
01-02-2009, 11:32 PM
After feeling some stiffness in the screw of my CabineTree hardness tester caused by being cold in my garage and thick lube, I cleaned all old lube from the screw and nut then replaced it with bullplate. I calibrated the tester after with certified pure lead, it was dead on.