PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot - MAY 29-30-31, 2009

BruceB
12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
With the publication of my 2009 work schedule, I can select the weekend which is "contained" within my once-every-month 8-day sabbatical.

Therefore, I now announce that the 2009 Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot will be held at (or near) Winnemucca on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the 29-30-31 of MAY.

In 2008 I was in the unusual position of never seeing the actual venue for the Shoot, being tied too tightly to daily hospital treatments and generally under the weather. Things have changed for 2009, both healthwise and in the availability of range space.

While I'm reasonably sure that we would be welcomed again at the site used last year, we now also have a very respectable new County range just a few miles outside town, with shooting distances to 400 yards. Depending on the number of folks attending, I think we might be accomodated on just the single "long range" range, setting up targets from 25 yards out to 400. There are two permanent benchrests on this range, and tables could be set-up on the same firing-line alignment. The way this range is built, targets at all distances can be fired-upon at the same time.

I'd like to keep the displacement of resident shooters to a minimum, but just a few steps away from the 400-yard range is a very wide 100-yard facility (with benchrests) and a pair of 50-yard ranges (one having a benchrest). All the various ranges are safe for independent operation without regard to activity on the other ranges.

It sounds like a new event or two may be in the planning; I'm thinking particularly of the "snubby match" for any handgun with barrel length of 3" or less. Discussions are already well underway on this subject, and it sure sounds like fun.

Apart from that, we will again be shooting rifle for group and score, with categories for both iron and glass sights. Handgun events for group and score will also be fired, as well as team rifle and team handgun. Additional shoots are often fired. Details will be filled in as time progresses.

Long-range rifle has finally been shot at distances worthy of the name, and is fired OFF-HAND at steel.....Ammohead has proven to be a danged tough competitor in this exercise, and one wonders if he can be beaten this year????? Five rounds from 400 yards at a smallish steel plate, hit or miss from the hind laigs, is a daunting proposition

Perhaps the early arrivals, many of whom will have seen the fine place used in '08, could inspect the new range on the Friday before the Rools Kommittee dinner and see how it compares as a venue for our Shoot. Arrangements for range use could easily be canceled if it's determined that the '08 site is better, and by the same token it imposes no particular strain on the landowner if we decide not to shoot on his place.

I'll take the required steps to assure that either site is available for our choosing.

Making reservations early is highly recommended. Fortunately, Memorial Day falls on the weekend ahead of our planned dates, but reserving several months in advance is a very good idea.

Over six months to go, and I'm already getting pumped-up about it! Keeping the priorities in mind, it's astonishing how durable and enjoyable this event has turned-out to be. Maybe the LACK of emphasis on gritted-teeth, ego-invested hairy-eyeball competition has enabled us all to relax and remember just how much pure fun is to be had from shooting and shooters. And, Lordy, do we have fun....

The priorities? That's easy... Safety, Fun & Socializing, and low-key shooting against each other.

It's worked exceedingly well for many years, now. Can we expect to see YOU????

onceabull
12-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Many thanks for the early notice,and looking forward as always to fine company, shooting someone elses treasures out of reach for us in the "fixed income"class,and the great food.. Onceabull and Joy..

Glen
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Sounds like fun! You guys have a blast. I can't make it down because I've got a buffalo hunt scheduled for that weekend, but I'll be thinking about you.

For what it's worth, our local pistol club put on a Snubby Lovers Match for a number of years that was a lot of fun. The rules were that the rifled portion of the barrel could be no longer than 3" (this was so that semi-autos and revolvers could be judged on equal footing), and the gun had to be .32 caliber or larger. The format of the match was a 30-round gallery course (10 rounds each Slow-fire, Timed-fire and Rapid-fire, all on the appropriate indoor 50-foot targets), followed by 20 rounds at the B-2 half-sized silhouette target. These 20 rounds were from the ready position (muzzle vertical), or the gun in hand, resting on the table, and were random 2-second target presentations. It was great fun, and hotly contested!

Winning scores were usually between 300 and 350 points, and more than once it came down to X-count to determine the winner (I remember this clearly because I was one of the ones who lost by 1x!). Grand prize varied over the years, ranging from a certificate, to a coffee mug, to a gift certificate for a cheeseburger (the cheeseburger was very popular).

MT Gianni
12-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bruce, I'll put it on the calender.

FN in MT
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
With any LUCK I'll be able to attend. Thanks for a five month heads up.

FN in MT

9.3X62AL
12-16-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm THERE. Done deal.

PatMarlin
12-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Iamthere toooo....!

Urny
12-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Yup, count me in. Got it marked on the calendar and will make reservations at the Santa Fe shortly. Glad we are getting around to a short gun match, belated though it may be. I can't hit much with a handgun with any barrel length, so the snub guns friendly handling is just, well, friendly. I'll have a good time losing with Linda's Detective Special, probably filled with 358477 or Cramer 158-STD round nose.

cobbmtmac
12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
YO BRUCE! :Fire:

Thanks for the early notice. I'll be there with 1 or 2 Sons. Hopefully, Marlene and Mom will also be there. In a short while we should be able to confrim how many.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You, Karen and Kim! :drinks:

Oh! and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

oso
12-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Looks like we can finally make it this year - Mr. & Mrs. with a pair of snubbies!

ammohead
12-19-2008, 11:15 PM
With bells on!

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear that your health is doing better. How was Alberta? Any meat in the freezer? My trip to MT for elk was pretty much a bust. But I had a good time. I can come to Winnemucca well before the shoot to give the Co. site a good look over and report to the masses. The site last year was pleasant and very relaxing, but a real range close to town will have definate advantages.

As far as the long shoot goes....don't forget that Buckshot hasn't been around the last few years to give me a run for my money, and Jeremy has put it to me more than once on this contest. But thank you for the honorable mention. See you soon.

We need to start planning our rat strafing party soon. Can't wait.

ammohead

mike in co
12-19-2008, 11:34 PM
i just added it to my planner.....missed the last couple of years...but will try my best for this yr.

mike in co

osage
12-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Just looked at my vacation for 09 and have that time frame off. I spent two nights in Winnemucca in June while driving to and from Roseburg Or. I'll spend some time reading about your shoot. I can work this into a trip to see my new grandson.

Buckshot
12-20-2008, 11:59 PM
...............I'll be there in 2009, as us unemployed have time :-) I'm looking forward to the GS Strafing safari too, if that's a possibility. However, if it comes down to making just one, NCBS will be the one I make as I've missed seeing everyone for too long.

...............Buckshot

PatMarlin
12-21-2008, 12:58 AM
What is "GS Strafing safari"?

mike in co
12-21-2008, 02:55 AM
I WOULD GUESS IT REFERS TO RODENT CONTROL ON THE LOCAL FARMERS PROPERTY.

just a guess......ground squirrel.........

prairrie vermen

and i would like to contribute the pest control my self........

a 223 /ar15 that shoots sub .2, and ar10 that does even less.

would someone like to organize this ??

mike in co

Buckshot
12-21-2008, 04:18 AM
............Yup, GS = Ground Squirrels. BruceB's wife Karen apparently did the leg work putting it together to make the last one happen.

.............Buckshot

PatMarlin
12-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I WOULD GUESS IT REFERS TO RODENT CONTROL ON THE LOCAL FARMERS PROPERTY.

just a guess......ground squirrel.........

prairrie vermen

and i would like to contribute the pest control my self........

a 223 /ar15 that shoots sub .2, and ar10 that does even less.

would someone like to organize this ??

mike in co

Whooohooo I'm right with you guys on this one. I got the squirl machine now!!

Would even be willing to come earlier for an extened pre-NCBS varmint event. I also have a FoxPro Fx3 with remote call if there be some coyote action interest by anyone.

ammohead
12-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Usually by the time NCBS rolls around the alfalfa is too tall to see the little diggers. late march early april is ideal. Unless you time it just right to arrive after a cutting. I have found a field or two in Eureka NV also, but not at the populations we saw last spring in Paradise Valley. It makes a nice stop when I go to my house in McGill.

Coyotes are doable year round in NV. But not on the same property. Farmers with rodent infestations don't want you shooting the animals that eat them! Open range country for yodel dogs. But there is plenty of that country in the Winnemucca area too. South of town on Grass Valley Rd should be good.

Count me in for all of it! Can't wait to see you again all.

waksupi
12-22-2008, 03:32 AM
I'm thinking, if I am still unemployed (I hope NOT!), I may be able to save enough to get there this year. Gas prices will need to stay reasonable, and I would most likely car camp. But, this looks like my best shot at making it to Winnemucca. I would probably take a couple extra days going and coming, and put in job applications as I travel. Who knows?
I'm sure no one will care if I don't shower for a week or two!

onceabull
12-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Sir: please note that it's a lot further from Somers to Winnemucca if you don't travel through Idaho !~! Perhaps better to start practicing now on driving with space between the pedal and the metal.. [smilie=1: Onceabull :roll:

PatMarlin
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm thinking, if I am still unemployed (I hope NOT!), I may be able to save enough to get there this year. Gas prices will need to stay reasonable, and I would most likely car camp. But, this looks like my best shot at making it to Winnemucca. I would probably take a couple extra days going and coming, and put in job applications as I travel. Who knows?
I'm sure no one will care if I don't shower for a week or two!

Ric- Gas prices will be down still. The world is getting OPEC by the tail, and is realizing we can wean off them through demand, and other sources. Poor bastreeds are whining cause their cash flow is seriously getting cut into. I think that will continue.

Either I will get a room or take my travel trailer that has a shower, so either way you can use the shower in one or the other.

waksupi
12-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I had forgot about my one man boycott of Idaho. I may have to travel in disguise!~

9.3X62AL
12-22-2008, 02:29 PM
My sis in Bozeman has similar feeling about Idaho, in particular some city officers along U.S. 20 who cite for 2 MPH over the 20 MPH limit through their well-tended and deeply-cultivated speed trap. She isn't prone to profanity, generally speaking--but THAT subject makes her go Anglo-Saxon like no other thing on earth.

onceabull
12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Our party's annual foray to Henry's Lake and environs has to pass through those localities,Allen.. Us flatlanders are considered legitimate prey. Plates from the great state of Ada are considered as third or fourth in potential revenue value,and that's only because every other stop on those will turn out to have a "warning ticket only" pass from someone in the command chain at their local Stakehouse.. :twisted: Onceabull :Fire:

waksupi
12-22-2008, 04:17 PM
My adventure was passing through Wallace. Sunday morning, going 55. Got stopped for speeding in a construction zone. Thing is, there was no one working there, and the speed sign was pulled off the road into the ditch, sitting sideways. I wish I had not paid that fine. Only ticket I have had in 35 years.

BruceB
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Ammohead and NVCurmudgeon came over to Winnemucca on Tuesday for a "Men's Day Out".

We had a fine old time, with a leisurely breakfast downtown to get caught up, followed by an expensive trip to Brown's True-Value Hardware for components, and then off to the range.

That's the reason for this post, because I was particularly interested in getting ammohead's reaction to his first sight of the place. In brief, he was impressed. Considering all the factors, he believes (along with Bill and I) that the new County range is much-preferable to last year's location, even with all the country charms of that place....shade, running water, etc. etc.

There are four excellent benchrests on the 100-yard range, with sufficient space to add at least six of the borrowed tables. Two similar benchrests adorn the 400-yard range, with space for a few more tables available. Shooting can be carried out at 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards, all at the same time.

I think that we should NOT have "our own" spots on the firing line. Rather, we should set up personal tables along the berms on each side behind the firing point, parallel to the berms, which will keep muzzles safely away from the people on the line.

By the time of NCBS '09, there MAY be overhead canopies at some points...not definite as yet. A permanent Highways Department-type toilet is slated for construction before the end of June, but in the meantime a porta-john is already in place. A meeting-room/shaded-veranda building is also due for construction before the end of June. ( We obtained $80,000 of Pittman-Robertson funding which has to be spent by that time.)

The whole complex is only about ten minutes by paved road from downtown. As you can tell, I'm pretty-much convinced that this will be our site for the last weekend in May. This is going to be a good one, folks! Y'all realize that this is the TENTH NCBS??? Who would ever have believed it, ten years ago?

After we were done shooting, we adjourned to the bowling-alley bar for more eats and drinks. Hmmm...it was much like a condensed NCBS weekend! Talk, eat, shoot, talk, eat, shoot, eat, talk, drink (AFTER guns are cased for the day)...

I hope to see a lot of Cast Boolit members here, and especially some new faces. It's a high point in the year, for us.

NVWalt
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Jane and I will be there. I don't know which rig I will be bringing but I will sure try to bring my farm of steel for us all to beat up on..See you all there...Walt

cobbmtmac
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
BruceB and all,

We are certainly looking forward to NCBS-09, between the (cobbmtmac/onceabull) clan, I believe there will be 8 of us. Probably 7 out of 8 will enjoy at least a little shooting to alot of shooting. :Fire:

Of course the"talk-eat" thing will be prevalent also. :drinks:

See you all there!

Buckshot
04-03-2009, 02:36 AM
...............I'll be there! Got the money set aside already.

....................Buckshot

mike in co
04-22-2009, 01:25 AM
i have a gas credit card, and hotel room reservation...that means unless something terrible happens i will be there!

now i would like to venture out for some vermine control...as i have never done this.
is this to be before/during or after....need to add a day or two to the reservations.

see ya soonnnnnnnnnn!
(22, 223, 308...all for ratcontrol)

mike in co

ammohead
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Mike

The best rat shooting is right now. By the time NCBS rolls around the squirrels will still be on the fields, but the alfalfa will be high enough that they are impossible to see. During the summer if you catch the field right after a cutting shooting may be possible. It's a timing thing.

ammohead

MoldyJoe
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I am looking forward to being there with my youngest son. Does any trading go on at things like this? I am looking for some molds for my 8mm or 303. I can trade brass or cash. Anyway just to get out and shoot will be fun. Joe

mike in co
05-09-2009, 03:10 PM
mbabr is military bolt action benchrest. stock mil rifles in issued calibers( no 22's) no sniper nor target rifles...stock as issued to the troops.
allowed is a taller frt sight, free floating the bbl, pressure point the bbl. rework of the stock trigger. no bedding, no aftermarket triggers.

format will be simple two ten shot strings( normal is 5 strings), one for score(noramlly 3) and one for group( normally 2).
we could add a second class for the same rifles but with up to a 4x scope.

100yds in each case. 10 shots. as much bench equpt as you want, rests, spotting scopes etc.

so who is up for it ?

nead a head count, and i will furnish targets.
(sr21 and sr21 repair center).

mike in co

NVWalt
05-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Well crud, Looks like I have had a monkeywrench thrown into my gearbox for this year. I have to go in for a knee rebuild on the 20th from what I am told and it looks like I will be down and out for a few weeks after they put me back together. The timing couldn't get any better. Jane and I were so looking forward to this years get together and enjoying everyones company again. So goes life.
If Ammohead for some reason gets back to his place in McGill and wants to he can gather up my farm of steel and take it so you have more steel to bang away at. The offer is there anyways.
I am just a little dissapointed about this but I hear people in Hell want ice water and they aren't gonna get it niether.
All I can do is wish you all another fantastic meet and for the weather gods to be kind to you. We will miss the great comradery and food and playing with all our toys that goes with this gathering of the clan.
Best wishes til next year..Walt and Jane

PatMarlin
05-10-2009, 09:42 AM
"People in Hell want ice water"

Ha! That was my granpa's favorite saying ...:mrgreen:

Alas- I won't be able to attend again this year. Between starting a new business, and protecting our neigborhood from pot growers, my leisure time has disappeared.

If things keep going the way they are I may never be able to leave, or have to sell out and leave permanently.. :roll:

cobbmtmac
05-16-2009, 11:53 AM
BruceB.

The cobbmtmac/onceabull clan has grown to 10. Probably 8 or 9 out of 10 will do some shooting, with half or more being Diehards. We are certainly looking forward to seeing all of you, CAN'T WAIT !! :Fire:

PS.....Walt and Jane, sure sorry you can't make it this year. Did you get my 5/6/09 PM back to you, as I have not heard back from you?

MT Gianni
05-16-2009, 01:05 PM
I am looking forward to being there with my youngest son. Does any trading go on at things like this? I am looking for some molds for my 8mm or 303. I can trade brass or cash. Anyway just to get out and shoot will be fun. Joe

I will be bringing my younger bro and his son. Holly can't make it this year.
Mike in Co, I have nothing that would qualify as a military original to shoot except 1 Bruno in the corner that I have never shot. I am sure that there will be someone there to shoot against with one.

NVcurmudgeon
05-16-2009, 01:18 PM
I will be bringing my younger bro and his son. Holly can't make it this year.
Mike in Co, I have nothing that would qualify as a military original to shoot except 1 Bruno in the corner that I have never shot. I am sure that there will be someone there to shoot against with one.

John, I would be honored if you would shoot my near 100% 1891 Argentine Mauser infantry rifle. It is perhaps the most accurate milsurp that has ever passed through my hands.

45caster
05-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Can somebody give some more info on the match in Winnamuca. I have friend that just moved up there .He might be interested in going and checking it out.Thanks

BruceB
05-16-2009, 04:41 PM
"Can somebody give some more info on the match in Winnamuca. "

It's not really a "match".

Past experience has shown VERY clearly that this is really more a social occasion than a competition. Although we do shoot some informal events, the whole scene is much more a friendly family re-union than anything else, with good conversation and plenty of great grub.

The events we shoot involve rifles for score and group, with both irons and scopes in separate divisions. There's also a long-range rifle event, fired STANDING with iron sights. This year we should be able to shoot this at 400 yards, hit-or-miss on a steel target.

Handguns are also fired for group and score. There are "team" shoots with rifle and handgun as well, with the team members drawn from a hat and shooting fast-and-furious against the clock.

ALL the "rools" are set at the Rools Kommittee meeting at the Friday-night dinner. EVERYBODY is a member of the Kommittee. Saturday evening we'll have an informal dinner, usually a barbecue or whatever at my place. Sunday's closing banquet is traditionally held at Ormachea's Dinner House, an excellent Basque-style restaurant.

This will be the TENTH annual NCBS, and nine of them have been here in Winnemucca. Come along and have a good time.

ammohead
05-17-2009, 06:52 PM
BruceB,

Where are we meeting on Friday nite for the rools (rhymes with fools) committee meeting? Them that are new will need to know where to meet up. If I might, I cast a vote for the flying pig, Las Margaurita's is good too.

NVWalt,

was just at McGill wed - fri but didn't see your post till today. Don't know that I will make the trip again before the shoot, but thanks for the offer. Sorry you and Jane won't make it.

NVWalt
05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Bruce,
I was there in McGill Thursday and Friday. Too bad I didn't spot you. Actually I guess I wouldn't have seeing as I was stuck at the New Ruth Club playing darts. Oh well, Jane and I will do our dang best to make it next year anyways. Good shooting to any and all that make it to this great event...Walt

9.3X62AL
05-18-2009, 01:34 AM
NV Walt--sure sorry to hear y'all won't be able to make it this year. Medical crapola sucks canal water.

Mike in CO--I would be interested in the bolt milsurp tourney you propose. That's all cast boolits, I assume? I won't promise to be competitive, but I will promise to be enthusiastic. Gotta assemble some 8 x 57 for the G98/40, it appears! HIJO LA!

mike in co
05-18-2009, 04:48 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
should i just bring an 8mm to make it a matching match ?

if i bring too many guns the gas milage will suck....lol

ok thats one, who else ?

mike in co
( oh and i now have a 1911 to go with the cz97)

mike in co
05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
how much shooting are we gonna do past 100 yds ?? at how big of targets ?

inquring minds want to know

mike in co

BruceB
05-18-2009, 07:55 PM
".......how much shooting are we gonna do past 100 yds ?? at how big of targets ?"

The "long range" area is separate and apart from the 100-yard range, but VERY close-by. It extends to 400 yards, and there are gongs every 100 yards, all the way out. The only long-range PLANNED event is the one off-hand match which is already on the menu. This is shot standing with iron sights at a steel target...hits or misses as determined by the (many) witnesses/judges.

Usually, we fire five rounds and those tied after five rounds continue in sudden-death fashion until a winner is determined. Target size is decided by what we have available at the time. I think last year's plate was about 14"x18", and I still have it.

I'd rather not plug up this public range completely, so shooting long range may mean taking turns with the public. Still, there should be plenty of opportunity to shoot the longer distances. Our group will pretty well take over the 100-yard facility.

There are two excellent benchrests at the 400-yard range, and four more at the 100. There's also room to add tables to each firing line.

The military bolt-action shoot is a great idea.

BruceB
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Rools Kommittee will meet at Las Margaritas at 7:30 pm.

This is a Mexican-style restaurant right on Winnemucca Boulevard, about 100 yards from the Convention Center. Not hard to find!

mike in co
05-19-2009, 12:51 AM
just sold another sks tonight...now have cash in pocket for trip...still working on loading....

mike in co

9.3X62AL
05-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Yep, me too, Mike. Casting and loading will take up a good portion of the spare time between now and NCBS. As usual, I messed around doing other things (fishing, playing with the boat, helping the kids with stuff) and now have a few deadlines on the near horizon.

A 1911? Very nice. I behaved with maturity a few days back, and balked at a 70-Series steel Colt Commander in 45 ACP. Price was good, but until Marie signs a contract someplace I'm not buying any toys. (expletives deleted) State budget mess........

MT Gianni
05-20-2009, 08:58 AM
I am busy reloading also and trying to get more from Idabull's 31141 4 cavity mold.
Bill, I would be glad to shoot your 91 Argentine.

ammohead
05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Loading and casting like mad also, and running out of time. I go to work next tuesday!!! After being unemployed for 3 months I am now spoiled for choice. I got the job for recommissioning the hvac controls at the state prison in Lovelock with the controls contractor on a temp/one job basis. Then yesterday I got a call from the state on a application for a heat specialist position at the Lovelock prison and he wants to interview me Wed. 2 job offers from 2 different parties at the same job location. This should be interesting. I think I'll take the state job if the offer is there. Otherwise I already have the other job starting Tues.

Mike, I will see what I can come up with to feed a springfield I have hanging around.

ammohead

ben1025
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Hello BruceB @ family:
Glad your feeling great. I have a few problems but considering I'm 78 probably shoudn't
mention it. Old age is rough on the body.
I just got back from New Jersey. I brought my son mos.t of my guns and reloading equipment. I couldn't bring my 5th wheel as I had the bed to full.
I won't be there again this year. With you running it I'm am sure it will be another successful shoot. Congratulations on your tenth year to be. Take care. ben1025 AKA ben

ben1025
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Should have followed ben with a period as there is a ben on this forum.
ben1025 AKA ben.

MoldyJoe
05-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I am busy reloading also and trying to get more from Idabull's 31141 4 cavity mold.
Bill, I would be glad to shoot your 91 Argentine.

JOhn, would the 31141 work in my 303 SMLE? I slugged it at 312 or so. I am also bringing the 8mm Mauser to the shoot with us. Joe

BruceB
05-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Just a few more days before the Shoot!

Weather forecast is looking good, partly cloudy for both Saturday and Sunday with peak temps in the high 80s.

Lets plan on a lunch meeting at The Griddle at 1:00 pm Friday for early arrivals. We can then take care of a few minor chores and maybe visit the new range.

Remember that the Friday-night Rools Kommittee dinner will be held at Las Margaritas at 7:30 pm. We will meet in the back room of the restaurant. This is also a getting-to-know-you social occasion, and an opportunity to renew old friendships for those who've been to previous iterations of the NCBS.

In great anticipation.....

ammohead
05-25-2009, 07:36 PM
BruceB, Looks like I will be working friday so the griddle is out, but look for me at Las Margauritas with bells on! Daniel left for the air force today and I start my new job tomorrow. Lot's of changes going on...all good.

ammohead

mike in co
05-26-2009, 08:20 PM
just added a new addition to my "luggage".

a lee 6 gang 225 rn mold was delivered, cleaned, put in use and i now have loaded(yet un tested) ammo.( instead of the commercial 230 rn i have been shooting).
did have to hone out a 451 sizer die( which was actually a 450) to 452 as no 452 were available.
felix lube, aa2, mixed cases, h20 ww...cause its what was in the pot..
so this will be a leading feeding lets go shoot mikes new gun addition.

mike

Urny
05-27-2009, 09:14 AM
LINDA and I will again be providing lunch on Saturday. There will be a seven layer salad, a couple of types of bread, and probably a spiral sliced ham. Everyone is invited, and leftovers, if any, will feed us Sunday.

Unfortunately, we will not be there until Saturday morning, have to make a living, and will miss Rools and Friday lunch. I'll try to go through this thread and come up with some sort of count. See you all there.

mike in co
05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
ONLY LAST REQUEST...
copies of direction to the hosts lovely abode.
see ya on friday for lunch......

mike in co

9.3X62AL
05-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Mike--

Easy to find, and you'll have a lotta folks to follow out there.

mike in co
05-28-2009, 07:43 AM
on the road again.......

obssd1958
05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
LINDA and I will again be providing lunch on Saturday. There will be a seven layer salad, a couple of types of bread, and probably a spiral sliced ham. Everyone is invited, and leftovers, if any, will feed us Sunday.

Unfortunately, we will not be there until Saturday morning, have to make a living, and will miss Rools and Friday lunch. I'll try to go through this thread and come up with some sort of count. See you all there.

Urny,
Be sure to include my wife and I in your count. We are dragging our 5th wheel down there, and will be parked at the Winnemucca RV Park.
We are really looking forward to seeing everyone there!! [smilie=w:

Take care!

Don

Urny
05-29-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm glad to hear you and your wife will be there, Don. You are included in the count. I've got a little bar of alloy for you in exchange for those lovely hollow point boolits you made for me.

If everyone manages to make it to the shoot we'll have a pretty big bunch this year. NCBS just keeps getting better, pretty much all to Bruce and Karen's credit.

PatMarlin
05-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I should just jump in the truck and head on down there, but alas I'm working from sun up to sun down to get our members check dies done. Well there's next year. This was the year I was supposed to be there for sure ..:roll:

Have a good time! ...:drinks:

7s&8s
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tenth NCBS gathering tomorrow.

The final High School Graduation ceremony tonight, up the road in Elko, will prevent me from attending the Rools Kommittee dinner tonight. Plan is to be back in time to get a bit of shooting in Saturday and Sunday.

Will bring some of the 7s&8s milsurps out.

The new job in Mexico has put quite the damper on reloading time... and has lead to insufficient range time, lead ammo shortages, and elevated stress levels!

Despite the lead ammo shortages, will see everyone tomorrow!

BruceB
06-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Yep, the TENTH Annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot now recedes into the past of fond memory.

We had a blast, no pun intended. The weather co-operated beautifully, with NO rain and moderate (for Nevada, anyway) breezes. There were thunderstorms in the area on both shooting days, but they gave us no trouble. Saturday was hotter than Sunday, but both were very tolerable.

Doing various NCBS errands around town on Friday morning, I met a number of our people who'd arrived early and also were checking out the town, hardware stores, etc. The 1 p.m. lunch at The Griddle was attended by a whole bunch of people, and much hilarity and comparing-of-notes ensued.

After lunch, we picked-up 16 tables and a couple dozen chairs, kindly loaned to us by Browns' Tru-Valu Hardware (just as they have done for every NCBS here in Winnemucca). Their out-of-pocket losses on these rentals are on the order of $80/day, so it's a handsome donation. Another short stop at Good Morning Furniture yielded ample amounts of large cardboard sheets for use as target boards.

Virtually everyone who was at lunch then proceeded to the range for a first glimpse of the new facility, and I think all were impressed and happy to have such a fine site at our disposal. There will be photos coming so y'all can see the shooting area. Our new permanent toilet facility made it into service just in time. It may be a humble purpose, but it surely is nice to have a truly proper place.

On Friday evening, Las Margaritas staged their usual fine spread of vittles from a WIDE range of menu selections, and the Rools Kommittee completed the due deliberations without any blood being spilled on the floor. It was particularly pleasant to welcome a number of new participants to the NCBS , and as usual, they meshed immediately into the group and were soon swapping recipes and "stories" with the best of them.

I got to the range at around 0730 Saturday morning, only to be greeted with "Good Afternoon", from Mike in CO.....I think he got there about midnight, just to be SURE of being first. Actually, he did say that his alarm went off at 0600, as planned, but he was in fact already at the range when the clock decided to wake up.

After a couple hours of prep work setting up backers, gongs, tables, gazebos etc etc etc, Ammohead fired the official opening shot for the weekend. He used "Big Medicine", having adopted TR's name for the similar rifle, which is the M1895 Winchester in .405. It made an impressive "BOOOM!" and got us off to a good start. He received this prestigious honor because his was the stroke of genius that brought about the very first Nevada Shoot back in Year 2000.

NOTICE: NVCurmudgeon will be posting actual results when he gets home in an hour or two.

The entire day was well-occupied in shooting steel and paper, as indeed was Sunday. We had four, five-PERSON teams for Team Handgun. This involved shooting against the clock to see which team could cut-off an 8"wide OSB plank in the shortest time......would you believe over TEN minutes??? Would you also believe handguns so hot they were burning the hands trying to feed them??? True, brethren, all true.... I loaned a .44 Smiff to one of our newer fellers, and he gave me back SIXTEEN rounds, all that were left from the 160 rounds he began with. Now, that's one way to gain experience (and maybe a flinch) in a hurry.

Saturday evening the whole crew came to dinner at the B residence, despite the state of upheaval created by re-tiling the whole danged place. Seemed like a good time was had by all.

Sunday we fired the Long Range Rifle (415 yards) early in the day to minimize wind effects as much as possible. Rules allowed for iron sights only, any shooting position except prone, and most opted for sitting position. The target was a hanging steel plate, 14" wide X 16" high.

We closed the Shoot late Sunday afternoon with the Team Rifle match, wherein five-person squads fired at thirty clay targets per squad from fifty yards, off-hand. Winning was determined by either breaking all targets before five minutes elapsed, or by having fewer remaining targets at the end of the five-minute firing period.

The Sunday closing dinner, as per tradition of nine years' standing, was held at Ormachea's Dinner House, who yet again put on a feed to satisfy ANYONE, no matter how much hunger might be involved. A very pleasant evening, and we all regretted the absence of the many shooters who had to leave before dinner. I MUST point out that NVCurmudgeon has for many years now, built and PAID FOR the trophies presented at these Shoots. These are the "Order of the Golden Wheelweight", with a gold wheelweight and suitably-engraved plate mounted on a hardwood plaque. He assures me that these are special wheelweights, carefully selected by himself and surgically removed with sterile instruments only from Lincolns, Caddies and Rolls automobiles in the Nordstrom's parking lots.

With bated breath, this Board awaits the offishul results from Brudda Curmudgeon.

NVcurmudgeon
06-01-2009, 07:17 PM
The match results were as follows:

Iron sight rifle 50 yd. group-CobbMtnMac with a tiny 1.060" group. Not sure, but probably with a Model 54 Winchester and Redfield receiver sight. A classic rifle and a classic gentleman.

Iron sight rifle 50 yd. score-Buckshot with a score of 48-2X. This was red hot competition, with a runner up posting a 48-1x. Very fitting because Buckshot is always a strong advocate of "offhand shooting on your hind legs as God intended."

Scoped rifle 100yd. group-NVcurmudgeon 1.19" group. Especially gratifying because my .35 Whelen Ruger/Lilja rifle has been a frequent winner, but mostly in others' hands. This time "Jezebel" gave me the nod.

Scoped rifle 100 yd. score-Darren with a score of 42-0X. Mac's son Darren was a brand new cast shooter last year and a winner this year.

Handgun 25 yard score-Buckshot 45-0X. To think he used to call them "steenking peestols."

Handgun 25 yd. group-ammohead, with a 2 15/15" group. (That's smaller than the 10 ring.)

400 yd. rifle, sitting, kneeling, or offhand allowed. BruceB, opting to sit, went "clean" with five hits from a Springfield M1-A. Remarkable, considering that the closest runner up had three hits, and there was a pack of shooters with one or two. The target? Steel gong, 14" X 16."

Team rifle shoot was shooting suspended clays at 50 yd. Two of four teams tied and in a "sudden death" shoot off, the team of ammohead, Darren, Joe, Levi, and Urny won 3-2.

The team pistol match was a stake cutting event won by the team that your humble correspondent was NOT a member of. The clouds of Javelina Alox in the air prevented getting the names of the winners. Perhaps official photographer Mac can "clear the air."

An interesting military bolt rifle match was designed by Mike in Colorado. Ten shots for score and ten shots for group. Mike took score honors win 85-0X, and 9.3X62AL had the smallest group at 4.75". Al also gets high style points for shooting a G98/40 rifle.

Other impressions of the weekend will have to wait, I'm dawg tarred from three days of too much fun.

mike in co
06-02-2009, 12:37 AM
THE BOTTOM LINE

we had fun !
thanks
mike in co

MoldyJoe
06-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for a great weekend. Levi is already jumpin at the bit to do some casting. I think we may have a new member. It was a very memorable experience and good to find people as crazy as I am. Thanks again, Joe

Urny
06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
LINDA and I had a great time visiting, eating, and even shooting. Importantly, I think we have instilled interest and enthusiasm in young folks and the ladies. What more could one ask of a single weekend. Thanks to everyone who came to the shoot, and especially to Bruce and Karen for their wonderful hospitality and all the work they put in to making NCBS 2009 such a success.

9.3X62AL
06-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Yessir, MANY THANKS to Bruce & Karen for all they do to make NCBS just like the Tournament of Roses Parade--looked forward to all year, enjoyed immensely during its passage, with anticipation and planning for its next ideation that commences the day following and continues until the next meeting. An added THANK YOU to Urny & Linda for the excellent range lunch served both range days, that ham was scrumptious. Something about NCBS prompts me to over-eat something fierce. All that good food in all that good company........well, what can ya do?

Hopefully, all the eyesight maintenence & upkeep will be finished so that I can do justice to at least 1 or 2 of the shooting contests that I normally try. Getting old gets old at times. I thoroughly enjoyed Mike in Co's intro to the Military Bolt Rifle venue imported from his local club, and it was good seeing him again after a few years' hiatus.

That little bar/restaurant the 7s&8s showed to Buckshot and I was a great little establishment, and next time Marie and I come through town that might not be a bad place to hoist a beverage or two and maybe get dinner with the Winnemucca Division of the NCBS Poured Projectile League. She is ALL ABOUT hitting the road about 15 minutes after they nail the doors shut on her office for the summer. NV, UT, ID, and MT are on the agenda--at minimum. Have boat--will travel.

A fine time yet again!

cobbmtmac
06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
:Fire:

First many many thanks to all:

To BruceB and Karen for their time and effort putting the shoot together, they are truely extraordinary! Karen you put on a feast that rivals "BON APPETIT"!

To URNY and Linda for the wonderful wonderful lunches. An additional thank you Linda for the salad you prepared to fit my dietary needs!

OK, here's the PISTOL TEAM: NVcurmugeon, Jaremy, BruceB, Levi & oso!

Given some time, all event winners will receive a framed picture of their event with your name included. This will include the Pistol and Rifle teams, and also the Military Match winners.

I also want to say for me this weekend will always be remembered as one of my lifes highlight!

Thank you all,

NVcurmudgeon
06-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks, Mac, for reminding me who was on the winning team in the pistol shoot. Guess I breathed a little too much Alox. With the stakes at the longer distance of 25 yd. it took a lot of sawing to get one down. Jaremy and I had 100 rounds reserved for this event. Jaremy used 95 and I used 96. Most shooters used revolvers and needed the best part of 100 rounds to get through the event. Levi was using a borrowed revolver and ammunition. I heard tell that Levi returned 16 rounds of the three boxes he had been given! Must have been one of those new belt-fed S&W models. Borrowing is a way of life at the NCBS. For years I have seen rifles and pistols, ammunition, tools, and cleaning and range equipment freely loaned to other shooters. Most people seem to encourage, nay demand, others to try their favorites. When somebody wins with a borrowed gun, there is never any whining, just a little bragging from the owner of the winning equipment. As many have said of this gathering, socializing comes first, then good food, trying out exotic firearms owned by others, and finally competition. There are so many who are responsible for the success of this operation. The B family without whom this party could not get off the ground (they must be great catherders), Karen, Urny, and Linda for keeping us so well fed, Humboldt County for providing a magnificent new range and turning a blind eye to our near-monopolizing of it, Brown's True Value Hardware for nine years of donating their rental tables and chairs, and my fellow shooters who all helped with setting up and taking down this traveling circus over two and a half days. We missed returning the tables and chairs to Brown's by 15 minutes Sunday evening, so had to return them early Monday morning. Nobody seemed to mind, as most of us were on hand to help. Then some 15+/- of us had a farewell breakfast at the Red Lion Inn. It reminded me of a holiday dinner in the home of a very functional family, with an attached swap meet as moulds, metal, components, and cast boolits, or promises therof, were exchanged. It it time to start casting for NCBS 2010 yet?

MT Gianni
06-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks to all involved for a wonderful time. Great range and great people. Gianni

obssd1958
06-03-2009, 07:48 PM
My wife and I had a wonderful time at this years NCBS - our first, but God willing, not our last!!
Thanks to all of the people who made this such a success. It was well organized, well planned, and well... a lot of FUN!!:-D
Also, thanks to all of the folks in attendance. You ALL proved that there is not a nicer bunch anywhere.

Although I was not the "official" photographer, I did take a few pictures. I have put them in my photobucket account, and you can see them here - http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/obssd1958/NCBS/
I will try to get captions up on the pictures over the next week or so.

We are already looking forward to next years gathering!!!!!!!:Fire::Fire:

Don

Jon K
06-03-2009, 08:42 PM
We wanna see the pics............................

oneokie
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
We wanna see the pics............................

Ditto

MT Gianni
06-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Go to page two of Don's link. That green box is an as new milk crate with the "Panama Canal Company" stamped on it. One of the highlights was seeing that bit of history. Myself, Nephew Levi and Moldy Joe are shooting left to right in the background.

oso
06-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Most excellent event! Just wish I could drive at night - definitely need Mrs. Oso to participate next year (and help with the driving!) So sorry now that we haven't been to NCBS before. Thanks so much to everyone.

SciFiJim
06-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Great pics Don. I need to try and attend next year.
Jim

PatMarlin
06-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Everybody's backs are in the pics. Ya think he coulda taken some pictures of black holes and faces while they were shootin' ... sheesh! :groner:

Hmmm... I wonder who would be wearin' the Enco hat? ...:mrgreen:

Jon K
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks Pat, I wanted to say something about the backs of everyone's head..........but trying to be polite.
Waiting for captions......kind of a guessing game who's who, except for a few like Buckshot.

Jon

obssd1958
06-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Everybody's backs are in the pics. Ya think he coulda taken some pictures of black holes and faces while they were shootin' ... sheesh! :groner:

THEM GUNS WERE LOADED!! :-D I do apologize for not being able to get any pictures from the front, but the range master was on his toes for both days of this event!!

I am working on the captions, but must wait for permission from some of the attendees to identify them in the photos.

See, I told 'ya I wasn't an "official" photographer![smilie=1:

Take care!

Don

PatMarlin
06-04-2009, 05:02 PM
They could shoot around ya.

PatMarlin
06-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I apologise for the comment ..:mrgreen:

Would you feel better if I gave you this?:

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=130007904

obssd1958
06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Pat,
No need to apologize, I was thinking the same thing as I was taking the pictures!
And of course, the pictures I took Friday night at the rools committee dinner, were taken with my phone camera because I didn't take my real camera!!!!!!!:veryconfu
Hopefully, someone else will be able to provide a little better pictures.

Oh, and yes, I would feel MUCH better if you sent me that!!:bigsmyl2:

Take care!

Don

cobbmtmac
06-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I have many pictures showing faces from behind the firing line and pics of event winners. I ask for patience as I only no a little about down loading them and have only been successful a couple of times when trying to post them.

I have a B-in-Law who is a computer genesis. He will be here on Sat. and I hope to learn more and be able to post with captions.

PatMarlin
06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Hmmm how can I get out of this one? ..:mrgreen:

PatMarlin
06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I just figured Don wouldn't let a little friendly cast boolit fire rattle him and get the pics...:bigsmyl2:

Buckshot
06-05-2009, 01:22 AM
.............Gee I feel bad as I mostly only have "Backsides" too. Heck, I left my camera at the motel Saturday so I'm glad Don got all those pics.

http://www.fototime.com/0B40AD4DC9FFAF2/standard.jpghttp://www.fototime.com/6EBA0D56D0B86AC/standard.jpg

Setting up the 100 yard line on Sunday.

http://www.fototime.com/8DCEB8A0D71180F/standard.jpghttp://www.fototime.com/7F802FB1D7812BC/standard.jpg

Left photo is the 400 yard range, Right photo are the two benches for the 400 yard range.

http://www.fototime.com/6D06254206E2CC7/standard.jpghttp://www.fototime.com/A7498CA2F1D576F/standard.jpg

Left photo: On the left is 'Mike in Colo's bedouin setup. Nice rig and many invited themselves into his shade. The trailer in the center was the rangemaster's roost. Right Photo is a kind of overview. There were several other cars parked out of the pic to the right.

http://www.fototime.com/47CA62A25E6E82D/standard.jpghttp://www.fototime.com/3A14ACA502B1224/standard.jpg

I only got shots of just 2 of the 4 rifle teams shooting the Team Rifle event. Left Photo from the left is: NVcurmudgeon, Onceabull, Anita, cobbmtmac, 7s&8s. Right Photo from left is: obssd1958, Richard, Jaremy, Marlene, Jack.

The Team Pistol shoot was Saturday. Due to the super turnout we were able to put together 4 teams of 5 shooters each for both the Team PIstol and Team Rifle events. Team Pistol's event was to shoot an 8" wide piece of 1/2" chipboard in half at 25 yards. The board was at 25 yards and the aiming point was an orange stripe. At first there were lots of splinters in the air but as shooting progressed, the boards had a couple sizeable holes.

Quite a lot of lead was slung through those holes and the &*(^$%# top of the boards pretty much thumbed their noses at the shooters. The first team to sever their board took 10 minutes 32 seconds. A couple people mentioned their pistols were hot enough to make shucking empties and reloading kind of 'Ouchy'! Of the 4 teams, the fastest time was 10 minutes 13 seconds. Taking an informal tally after the event, it appears that an average of rounds sent downrage would hover somewhere just short of about 500 rnds per team. A lot of those just whistled through 'Blue Sky' holes in the boards.

The Team Rifle event was Sunday and was again 4 teams of 5 shooters. Same as the previous pistol event there were 2 relays shot. Each team had 30 clay birds at 50 yards to get rid of with a 5 minute time limit. As was the pistol event, Team Rifle was shot offhand using any sights. Two teams managed to shoot their birds clean in the time limit so we had a shootoff, which consisted of one bird per shooter on each team. Each team member fired in rotation. I forget which team it was that won so I won't guess and mess up, but it went right down to the wire!

While each NCBS I've been to has been a lot of fun, I think this one just might have been one of the largest, and it seems right as this was the 10th Annual. While it's always wonderfull to see old friends, it's a blessing to make new ones and I met 7s&8s, obssd1958 and wife, Richard, Oso, and Jack and Anita for the first time. Great folks, all.

Urny and Linda, the "Lunch Bringers" were once again highly appreciated. Its just the extra effort people make that REALLY makes you appreciate them even more. To be honest it's a bunch of extra work, but Urny just smiles and says it's a kind of a tradition!

Then there is BruceB's wife Karen. She must have cooked all day Saturday and laid out a heckuva spread that evening. And boy was there a housefull ready to demolish her hard work! All that cooking just makes me tired and I didn't do any of it, and the cleanup afterwards for me would be even worse. However she's a giver and for me it's a humbleing thing. If it was me it'd be hotdogs, and if they were lucky they might even get cooked.

So. Only about 359 days to the next NCBS. Time to start thinking about which guns to bring.

.................Buckshot

PatMarlin
06-05-2009, 10:38 AM
That is a nice range. I've never even shot out past 200 yrds. before. How many miles do you and Al have to drive to get there Rick?

I could hold a NCBS Nor Cal here some day for the folks who would like a RV/ Camp out meet.

Below is my range that's a valley that opens up here in the forest. You can set up under the big oak tree for shade. It's dead flat out to 200. Sun comes up from the east behind the targets, and goes down at your back. All day comfortable shooting.

Ventnburn
06-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Finally got to check in.

Thank you BruceB and Mrs. B for a great time and a wonderful dinner Saturday night.

Thank you Urny and Linda for the lunch. And thank you everyone else for being such great people and making this event a wonderful time of eating, shooting, eating, visiting, and eating.

Ventnburn

cobbmtmac
06-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Here is the start. I will post once more tonight, then there will be more to follow in a day or two. More pictue posts #'s 95,100 & 101

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-6-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-7-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-8-wx.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-10-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-11-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-12-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-13-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-14-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-9-w.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-07-2009, 10:48 PM
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-15-wx.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-16-wx.jpg

Additional event pictures

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-1-w.jpg
cobbmtmac's wife and son

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-2-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-3-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-4-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-5-w.jpg

lead Foot
06-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Well done all, looks like everyone had a good time (great pics). It must have been good to have so many like minded people together in one place. Wish I were there too. I would like to get an Australian event up and running. I suppose a Cast Boolits convention will be next on the agenda.
Lead foot;:coffee:

obssd1958
06-08-2009, 03:42 AM
The pictures in the photobucket have been updated with captions and identifications!
See them here:
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/obssd1958/NCBS/

Mac,
Those are great pictures!

Don

PatMarlin
06-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Fantastic pics everyone!

That NV Curmudgeon Bill is a handsome devil isn't he? ...:mrgreen:

Buckshot
06-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Fantastic pics everyone!

That NV Curmudgeon Bill is a handsome devil isn't he? ...:mrgreen:

...............Tall too :-)

..............Buckshot

cobbmtmac
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
These are additional pictures. My pictures start on Post #94 and then onto #95

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-17-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-18-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-19-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-20-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-21-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-22-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-23-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-24-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-25-w.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-09-2009, 04:42 PM
This is it for now!

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-26-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-27-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-28-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-29-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-30-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-31-w.jpg

http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-09-32-w.jpg

TCLouis
06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
envy does not slip out from my posting.

Looks like a group gathered to share time, shoot and have fun.
What more could one ask for?

SciFiJim
10-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Have the dates been picked out for the 2010 NCBS?

Buckshot
10-30-2009, 03:37 AM
Have the dates been picked out for the 2010 NCBS?

..............BruceB hasta' see what his schedule looks like for next year. Then we have to consult the weather gods :-) Heck, I'm already starting to reload for it!

............Buckshot