PDA

View Full Version : WTB SMLE Wood

.455 Webley
12-15-2020, 04:50 PM
Looking to restore a no1 mk3 SMLE that I have had sitting around for years. I need the upper front handguard and the front stock. If you have some of the bands swivels and screws also that is a bonus.

If you know of a place that might have one shoot me a pm I have looked at my usual suspects and come up empty.

Thanks for your time.

Der Gebirgsjager
12-15-2020, 06:46 PM
I have a complete refinished set of wood for the SMLE No.1 Mk. III. To me it is worth $200 + shipping. I will sell it as a complete set only, and do not want to sell it piecemeal. Photo below.

However, here's some advice. Check the current SARCO ad in the Firearms News. They are offering newly made fore end stocks for $85.00, Item# LE3110, already stained medium walnut (made from Beech wood). They don't show the front hand guard separately, but do say that they have most of the parts needed to complete a rifle. They have the entire Mk. III stock set for $149.95 plus shipping which includes the original refinished butt stock, original new rear hand guard, new production fore end stock, original front hand guard, Item# LE3091. www.sarcoinc.com 610-250-3960

The hardest replacement part for the LE No.1 Mk. III has always been the fore stock. Because, many were cut off to make a sporter, and many developed a spilt just forward of the front trigger guard screw.

DG

.455 Webley
12-16-2020, 12:41 AM
Sarco are great folks to deal with however the items you mention are all out of stock. I called to double check just today.

DG; I have a pm coming your way with a couple of questions on that stock set.

Thundermaker
12-16-2020, 04:49 AM
https://www.prestigiouswoodstocks.com

rondog
12-16-2020, 07:43 AM
FWIW - Form Rifle Stocks has been working on reproducing SMLE stocks, but I don't know where they're at with them. They need a US distributor too, they're in the UK. Google them.

Says that Crown Armouries Ltd handles their Enfield line for No's 1, 3, & 4 Rifles, but info seems to be elusive. So apparently they make them, but no photos or details to be found. Kinda frustrating.

.455 Webley
12-16-2020, 04:18 PM
After messaging with DG I will take his stock set. Thanks to the other posters for the help and advice.